Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dana White :Top Guy

• 03-03-2010 11:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭

A lot of people slag Dana off and bring him down at every opportunity, Over in the UK at the moment there's a 2yr old girl who's pretty ill, people are raising money to send her to U.S for an operation.

Dana was contacted by somebody in UK, and without any pressure or informing the press, he donated 5,000sterling

http://www.justgiving.com/rubyowen?pid=2247792&dtpn=3&ShortUrl=rubyowen#DonationTable

I've met him a few times and he was awesome, wears his heart on his sleeve, and after hearing about this he's gone up in my estimation again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

scudzilla wrote: »
    A lot of people slag Dana off and bring him down at every opportunity, Over in the UK at the moment there's a 2yr old girl who's pretty ill, people are raising money to send her to U.S for an operation.

Dana was contacted by somebody in UK, and without any pressure or informing the press, he donated 5,000sterling

http://www.justgiving.com/rubyowen?pid=2247792&dtpn=3&ShortUrl=rubyowen#DonationTable

I've met him a few times and he was awesome, wears his heart on his sleeve, and after hearing about this he's gone up in my estimation again

I've always liked Dana, very nice thing he done there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Dana is the kinda guy who takes no ****. He can rub people up the wrong way and people dont like to be rubbed up the wrong way.

Fact of the matter is, the guy is a GREAT business man. For every "Bad" decision he makes in the eyes of the Keyboard Warriors (Chuck v Tito again) he makes at least 100 great ones.

Plus, i reckon he'd be an absolute legend to have a beer with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Dana is the kinda guy who takes no ****. He can rub people up the wrong way and people dont like to be rubbed up the wrong way.

Fact of the matter is, the guy is a GREAT business man. For every "Bad" decision he makes in the eyes of the Keyboard Warriors (Chuck v Tito again) he makes at least 100 great ones.

Ya shoulda been in The Temple Bar pub on the Thurs before 93 then ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Woody101

MrStuffins wrote: »

He is.... :D

7022_157069687177_611622177_3618215_5379158_n.jpg

Both pissed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Doubs

Very generous.

I've always liked Dana, he's works extremely hard and but for him MMA would be nowhere near as popular as it is today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

Nice thing to do.

I bitch about Dana alot but the positive stuff he does far outweighs the negative. This does not mean he is above criticism though. As the figurehead for MMA he is always going to be heavily scrutinized, rightly so too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Nice thing to do.

I bitch about Dana alot but the positive stuff he does far outweighs the negative. This does not mean he is above criticism though. As the figurehead for MMA he is always going to be heavily scrutinized, rightly so too.

Personally Im surprised no one has pointed out how tax efficent this is yet.

Advertisement