Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OMG, I want one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Great idea. With the projector and other gear though I shudder to think of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

i hear the 200 to 300 notes callout lol! great idea i agree but we are gonna get raped yet again lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

hmm... I like the way they didn't show the person turning 180', he'd of been facing the door.

looks to be more of a hassle then anything. I mean you'd need a dedicated blacked out room and have it completely empty.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

póg, invite us all over when you got that up and running :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

What I don't understand, is why a decent visor hasn't been developed. Would be a damn sight more portable and practical than a projector.

I was playing a game in an arcade a while back, it was right at the back going unused, where you stood up into it, put your eyes against this visor (I was acutely aware of how many greasy scangers had also done this, but I digress) and pilot a tank, as you turned around on the stand the view in the visor turned also allowing you to target enemies.

It was excellent, graphics where late 90's, but still, the technology was there.

I don't know, has visor technology progressed? Can you get decent visors for gaming to use instead of monitors?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

There was a neat little device you could buy a while back, cheap enough too, that monitored your head and/or eye movements.
    Wherever you looked, the camera view on the screen changed. Buggered if I can remember the name of it though but watched a video of it being used on a multi monitor setup for the microsoft flight simulator.
    The bloke was moving his head as if to look out the left and right windows, around the cockpit, standing up to look out over the front window of the airplane etc., Camera view in game changed to show this as if to fully imerse you in the game with a natural viewpoint as per where you were actually looking without using a mouse to look around.

It'll come to me eventually and I'll post up a link or something to it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Nehaxak wrote: »
    There was a neat little device you could buy a while back, cheap enough too, that monitored your head and/or eye movements.
    Wherever you looked, the camera view on the screen changed. Buggered if I can remember the name of it though but watched a video of it being used on a multi monitor setup for the microsoft flight simulator.
    The bloke was moving his head as if to look out the left and right windows, around the cockpit, standing up to look out over the front window of the airplane etc., Camera view in game changed to show this as if to fully imerse you in the game with a natural viewpoint as per where you were actually looking without using a mouse to look around.

It'll come to me eventually and I'll post up a link or something to it :p

its called Trackir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Yeah, I already have a trackIr for Arma II, it really immerses You in the game, Your head is like an extra control. Can't honestly play the game without it now. Here's a vid I made

L31mr0d wrote: »
    hmm... I like the way they didn't show the person turning 180', he'd of been facing the door.

looks to be more of a hassle then anything. I mean you'd need a dedicated blacked out room and have it completely empty.

Its only a prototype to demonstrate the idea. The idea is good but the device needs work.

Embedded projectors can be made quite cheaply, they're already able to integrate them in mobile phones, projection is going to be the next craze
    http://www.microvision.com/pico_projector_displays/embedded.html

Advertisement