Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience

• 04-03-2010 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hey,
    I'm in fourth year, secondary school, and have a rough interest in pursuing a career in psychology (counseling maybe?) after school. I'd enjoy it quite a lot (I think). My question is, is there anywhere I could do my fourth year work experience? I know its a veryyy awkward area to be doing work experience. Maybe there's somewhere I could learn about becoming a psychologist or what's involved?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

It's unlikely that you'll get a placement with any of the mental health facilities due to concerns about confidentiality. You might however try some of the educational facilities for psychologists eg the unis etc to see if they might let you help out in the office. I ended up giving a talk in a school about my job as there was no way I could have a TY student on the job with me.
    Have you tried the TY forum? They may have some suggestions there.

Advertisement