Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WORLD C`SHIPS QUALIFIERS.....

• 04-03-2010 1:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭

Final 2 rounds now, jimmy playin ken ( even tho ken is a fellow irishman, ill be rooting for the whirlwind) :D

Wattana making a good run at it too..hoping to see a few old faces back at the crucible this year.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

i'm over at it, seen some fantastic snooker so far, heading to the venue now, matches starting at 10am, ken v jimmy should be a cracker, if i was having a bet i'd back jimmy, he's hitting thd ball well, won his first match yesterday which included a 137 clearance but more importantly the win keeps him on the main tour for next season.John Parrott however lost last night and is now off the main tour, what next for him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭James.

is it on any tv channel ?
    or has anyone got a link to a stream ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

zack01 wrote: »
    i'm over at it, seen some fantastic snooker so far, heading to the venue now, matches starting at 10am, ken v jimmy should be a cracker, if i was having a bet i'd back jimmy, he's hitting thd ball well, won his first match yesterday which included a 137 clearance but more importantly the win keeps him on the main tour for next season.John Parrott however lost last night and is now off the main tour, what next for him?

yea i was keepin an eye on jimmys match on the live feed, looks like it was a bit of a grind for him, but very important win for him indeed. i think parrott shud just hang up the case and stick to presenting :cool:

Ken finished 6-3 up after the first session, really nothing special, feel a bit sorry for Jimmy, he finished up last night after midnight and was back on at 10am, to be honest he looks a bit knackered, and after securing his place in the top 64 for next season maybe qualifying for the Cruicble is not carrying that much pressure, but this is the worlds c'ships and it would be great to see him there, Ken on the other hand really needs to qualify to make certain of his top 32 spot.They are back on at 7pm. Fellow irishman Joe Delaney is 6-0 down to Adrian Gunnell at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Ken 6-3 up, he must be playing well. Nice to see Jimmy staying on the main tour but I want to see Ken winning this one. Not sure who I'll be shouting for tho if its Ken v Swail in the next round

• Advertisement

zack01 wrote: »
    Ken finished 6-3 up after the first session, really nothing special, feel a bit sorry for Jimmy, he finished up last night after midnight and was back on at 10am, to be honest he looks a bit knackered, and after securing his place in the top 64 for next season maybe qualifying for the Cruicble is not carrying that much pressure, but this is the worlds c'ships and it would be great to see him there, Ken on the other hand really needs to qualify to make certain of his top 32 spot.They are back on at 7pm. Fellow irishman Joe Delaney is 6-0 down to Adrian Gunnell at the moment.

awful scheduling really, i mean if u play an evening match then u shudnt be on till the afternoon the next day, but the rest now shud do him good and he comes out all guns blazing this evening :D

ken won the first two this eve, 73 break in the first, 8-3 ahead now, looking very like the end for Jimmys season.

Doherty wins 10-3, feel a bit sorry for Jimmy,the early start this morning did'nt help, he was 5-1 down before he knew it, but although he misses out on the Crucible he has held onto his top 64 ranking, Ken meanwhile is almost assured of a top 32 spot for next season, not bad considering he started the season at 55. His next match is against Joe Swail where the winner qualifies for the first round proper in the Crucible.

yea very dissapointing outing by jimmy, i guess Ken wanted/needed it more and i think he will beat the outlaw joe swail in the final round, hows the atomsphere over there Zack?

Very strange atmosphere, the seats are up in the gods, but you can watch any of the six matches at any time, we went for a bite to eat with Ken last night and dropped back to the venue after, McManus was still playing his match and that was at 12.30am! I heard this morn that the match finished at 1.20am, unreal! At least he won. Matches continue all w'end with Kens match against Swail on Monday. Met a former old pro last night, a real throw back to the old days, none other than Graeme Miles, still looking great.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Bit of a bittersweet day for the Irish yesterday. Michael Judge fell to Mark Joyce :( but Davy Morris done the business on Jamie Burnett :). Davy will now play Michael Holt for his first appearance at The Crucbile on monday.

Ken's match against Joe and Fergal's match against Alan "Angles" McManus are both tough to call. All four would be great to see there. I'm still going to go for Ken and Fergal to go through though.

Off topic: Nice piece on Fergal here.

Ken v Swail is a tough one all right, i don't know the exact record between them but i honestly can't call it, Joe has been here most of the week practising with some of the Chinese boys so he'll be ready. Regarding O Brien v McManus, i would'nt fancy reffing that let alone watching it, it will be pretty boring stuff, has all the hallmarks of a respot in the 19th frame! Davy Morris v Holt will be an interesting match, Holt tends to be hard on himself the majority of the time and if Davy can get ahead of him we could have an upset, mind you Holt has plenty of experience and has been through these qualifiers before. One other point, i was speaking to my mate in the WSA and he tells me ticket sales for the Crucible have been incredible with the majority of sessions sold out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

i dont normally post on this but i do follow ken. Reckon if he wins tomorrow he has a real chance of getting back to top 16 in a year. Really needs to be in the top 32. Reckon he needs result tomorrow to be sure of top 32.

And once he gets to the crucible he might just make some waves.

Heres hoping.

Steve Davis qualified tonight, there is just no stopping him when it comes to the Crucible, was talking to Phil Yates (respected snooker journalist) and he told me this will be the fifth consecative decade that Davis has appeared in Sheffield, an incrdible feat! He truly is a legend. Fergal O' Brien also qualified, he beat Alan McManus 10-4, i honestly thought it would be closer, mind you i did'nt watch it, O' Brien just bores me to death. Roll on tomorrow and Ken's match v Swail.

Yea great to see davis get tru, met him a couple of times in vegas and is a total gent and would talk all night on snooker, he loves everything about the game. Also nice to see matthew stevens NOT get tru! :D

Congrats to Fergal and Steve, it will be great to see them both in April. I think nearly all the records that Steve made throughout his hey day have now been surpassed but I cant imagine the likes of Stephen Hendry having his longevity.

Once again well done to Steve and who knows if he goes on a decent run here and keeps some form going next season another visit to the top 16 isn't completely out of the question. He has done it before. ;)

Also nice to see matthew stevens NOT get tru! :D

Why so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭James.

latest

doherty 6 -1 swail

2nd Session back on at 4pm, Ken almost there, he just needs two more frames after taking an 8-1 lead this morning. Davy Morris 6-3 down to Michael Holt so he really has it all to do this afternoon.

2nd Session back on at 4pm, Ken almost there, he just needs two more frames after taking an 8-1 lead this morning. Davy Morris 6-3 down to Michael Holt so he really has it all to do this afternoon.

celticfc wrote: »
    Congrats to Fergal and Steve, it will be great to see them both in April. I think nearly all the records that Steve made throughout his hey day have now been surpassed but I cant imagine the likes of Stephen Hendry having his longevity.

Once again well done to Steve and who knows if he goes on a decent run here and keeps some form going next season another visit to the top 16 isn't completely out of the question. He has done it before. ;)

Why so?

Dont like him :cool:

• Advertisement

Doherty through to the Crucible, 10-1 win v Swail. The draw for the world c'ships is this thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭RocketRonnie

Great to see Ken thru after a 2 year absence, hopefully he can put up a couple of good performance's!

Yay, well done to Ken. A fantastic win, but hard luck to Davy losing to Michael Holt.
    Great to see Ken thru after a 2 year absence, hopefully he can put up a couple of good performance's!

Here's hoping, he has proved he has what it takes in the long matches many times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Dont like him :cool:

Quite a sweeping statement. Do you know him?

Advertisement