Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football training on the seafront

Options
  • 04-03-2010 3:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I live in Clontarf so I drive down the coast road into town every day.

I have often seen football teams training there in the evenings. Im almost certain it is not allowed for football teams to train down there.

Today when passing I noticed that the grass in in bits down there. All ripped up from the studs. You can see where they were running sprints ect.

I really dont think its fair for there lads to rip up a public ammenity.

I was thinking about getting on to someone about it (local TD ect.) but wanted to gauge responses here first. Am I being pedantic?

Why cant these guys play in the park ffs?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Jeez I thought you were going to ask for contact details so you could join!
    Eh why does it bother you? I mean it's not as if it's causing you a problem is it? I think it's probably good that it's being used than not. Maybe all the fields are taken locally or it's just convenient for meeting purposes?

I don't see any major problem there. The only problem I can see would be if the ball went into the traffic but I doubt that happens much as otherwise they wouldn't play there in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Kepti

Hey judas, you wanna hang out? You sound like a real hoot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

It always sickens me to see "No Ball Games" signs on patches of grass which in yesteryear would've been filled with kids playing football or other games until dark. What's the point??

Let the lads train on the patch of grass. I'd rather see it ripped up a bit then be in pristine condition and completely unused save for the odd dog-walker. Presumably they can't get a pitch elsewhere and are making do there.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

People have been training down there for the past 50 years. I done so myself when I was a hell of a lot younger. Unfortunately there are not enough facilities for these people so they are forced to use public spaces. They could be doing a lot worse things. Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

judas101 wrote: »
    Am I being pedantic?

Honestly? Yes. Let them have their fun! Sure what's the point of having grassy areas if people can't enjoy using them?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'd rather see a bunch of lads training for football than a bunch of lads drinking Linden Village tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Mona Lott

Typical NIMBY attitude! I suppose you have a bee in your bonnet when the Brent Geese arrive for their annual visit?

Phone Joe, your trusted neighbour ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Fair enough lads.

Just pissed my off to see the grass in such a bad way.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

What the OP needs to is to start his own football team then turn up at the seafront and challenge the other team to a match. Winner takes the pitch, loser gets run into the sea.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

judas101 wrote: »
    Fair enough lads.

Just pissed my off to see the grass in such a bad way.

If you want to get on to a TD about a poor surface, there's always the roads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement