Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lebron - The Time To Come!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Amare Stoudimare just signed a 5 year $100 million deal with the knicks..

Didnt think he'd end up at the knicks tbh..

Anyone got any thoughts on this??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

New York

He is a savage player in all fairness and I think New York is probably a good fit for him, I do wonder about his attitude sometimes though but that can be said about lots of players.

I wonder will this have any impact on LeBrons decision, they still have a lot of rebuilding to do, Lee is probably the only bright part of the team and he will probably be used in some trade deal I think.

He is a savage player in all fairness and I think New York is probably a good fit for him, I do wonder about his attitude sometimes though but that can be said about lots of players.

I wonder will this have any impact on LeBrons decision, they still have a lot of rebuilding to do, Lee is probably the only bright part of the team and he will probably be used in some trade deal I think.

Major rumours that Lee is gonna be part of a sign and trade with the spurs for tony parker... but rumours are rumours i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Miami

Well him and Mike D'antoni are adverse to defense so in that regard I guess it's the perfect fit....

New York
    Looks like Bosh could be joining Wade in Miami, would still be room for LeBron but would be surprised if he went there.

ESPN are having a one hour special on thursday for when LeBron announces his decision, how dramatic :rolleyes:

I think one team could be a big loser in all this, obviously the Cavs but also I think a team like the Bulls could come up short and left with little after all their efforts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

New York
    I think one team could be a big loser in all this, obviously the Cavs but also I think a team like the Bulls could come up short and left with little after all their efforts.

Yes will be something of a disaster if the Bulls don't get Lebron now, they'd gambled on getting at least one of Lebron/Bosh/Wade. They agreed to trade Hinrich, who was a very solid player and starter, just to clear cap space. And look like coming out empty handed. I don't entirely blame them for going for it, cos if they pulled it off, it could've led to another dynasty. But I was sad to see Hinrich go, could play SG and backup PG, and they have almost no-one now in those two areas.

I'm guessing Lebron, with his ESPN special, is gonna announce now he's staying with the Cavs.

New York
    padraig_f wrote: »
    Yes will be something of a disaster if the Bulls don't get Lebron now, they'd gambled on getting at least one of Lebron/Bosh/Wade. They agreed to trade Hinrich, who was a very solid player and starter, just to clear cap space. And look like coming out empty handed. I don't entirely blame them for going for it, cos if they pulled it off, it could've led to another dynasty. But I was sad to see Hinrich go, could play SG and backup PG, and they have almost no-one now in those two areas.

I'm guessing Lebron, with his ESPN special, is gonna announce now he's staying with the Cavs.

Yea, I am a big fan of Hinrich too, it was a move they had to make but could backfire now.

Still a bit up in the air for me as to where LeBron will go.
    Looking at the teams in the mix now, it does look good for Miami.

Miami - Wade and Bosh, cant really go wrong with them plus the likes of Beasely and Chalmers there now, plus they will have money to bring in some quality veterans as well.
    If they get LeBron they will have to move Beasely but I am sure they Miami will live with that :p

Cleaveland - If LeBron does not sign then they could be in trouble but they do have a decent coach. If he does sign then he will need help, not sure what is available to them due to the current rosters contracts.

Knicks - Amare still needs a couple of players if that team wants to be seriously competitive, even if LeBron signs they still need more quality.
    This team could be a big let down for the fans if they just rely on Amare and don't bring in serious quality.

Bulls - Will be a bitter blow for the Bulls to not get LeBron or Wade, they should still be okish in the long term though. There are still some decent players left but not the one they wanted.

Nets - Long term rebuilding

Clippers - Didn't even know LeBron met with them, would be some laugh if he signed for them.

New York
    Boozer to the Bulls, will pretty happy with that news, needed an inside scorer.

Sam Smith reaction

Miami
    Do you think they're gonna have reaction shots of the crowds in each city as he makes his decision? Like when they choose a host city for the Olympics, and there are 3 groups of people that are totally devastated?

I can't lie...I'm loving the absurdity of this. This is great:D

New York
    padraig_f wrote: »
    Boozer to the Bulls, will pretty happy with that news, needed an inside scorer.

Sam Smith reaction

Well that has thrown a bit of a spanner in the works, now it seems like the Bulls have a strong roster to offer James. It all seems a bit planned to me, maybe I am too cynical.
    Have a feeling LeBron will stay put but other teams seem to stacking up, might be too much to refuse if he wants that ring.

• Advertisement

New York
    Sea Devils wrote: »
    Do you think they're gonna have reaction shots of the crowds in each city as he makes his decision? Like when they choose a host city for the Olympics, and there are 3 groups of people that are totally devastated?

I can't lie...I'm loving the absurdity of this. This is great:D

Ha Ha, it is crazy stuff, cringe worthy at the best of times but you got to love it. At least a portion of the profits from the sponsors in 'The Decision' will go to charity.

Miami
    Ha Ha, it is crazy stuff, cringe worthy at the best of times but you got to love it. At least a portion of the profits from the sponsors in 'The Decision' will go to charity.

I hope at least like in College Football signing day he lays the hats out and just toys with everyone. Pick up a Bulls hat, try it on, and then smile and put it back down. Do the same with the Knicks etc etc. Then finally at the very end he'll grab the hat of the team he'll sign with dramatically flip over the table and SCREAM "I'M GOING TO THE KNICKS!!!!!! (or insert team)"

That would be drama.:cool:

New York
    I hope at least like in College Football signing day he lays the hats out and just toys with everyone. Pick up a Bulls hat, try it on, and then smile and put it back down. Do the same with the Knicks etc etc. Then finally at the very end he'll grab the hat of the team he'll sign with dramatically flip over the table and SCREAM "I'M GOING TO THE CLIPPERS!!!!!!!"

That would be drama.:cool:

Strong rumors surrounding David Lee and the Warriors, first I heard it could be with Ellis but now it seems like it could be Randolph and Turiaf. I think it depends on if LeBron doesn't sign for the Knicks then it could happen. Would be great for Warriors in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭conno16

Some other lucky b*stard
    lebron to miami?????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Miami
    Looks like the LeBron program is on at 2am Irish time, link to a stream: http://www.atdhe.net/

New York
    lafortezza wrote: »
    Looks like the LeBron program is on at 2am Irish time, link to a stream: http://www.atdhe.net/

I won't be proud of myself but think I'm gonna stay up and watch it.

Couple of more links...

What would Michael do? Not this!

FakeScalabrine on twitter.

Lads if he joins the Heat, there gonna be unstoppable.. right fair enough they'll have feck all cap room and will need supporting role players but if Lebron, Wade and Bosh click its look out NBA.. i dont follow any particular team so its exciting as a neutral.. The Bulls and Knicks wont be happy though even though they got Boozer and Stoudamire...

Miami
    Strong rumors surrounding David Lee and the Warriors, first I heard it could be with Ellis but now it seems like it could be Randolph and Turiaf. I think it depends on if LeBron doesn't sign for the Knicks then it could happen. Would be great for Warriors in my opinion.

I saw that too. I don't necessarily like it at all. I guess I just don't see how you can trade a guy with as much potential as Randolph has for David Lee and the 4-5 year salary he'll command. I mean, Randolph can't even legally drink for another week, and he was dominating stretches of games just a little over a year ago. He didn't sustain a debilitating injury, he didn't go off and do something ridiculous off the court...he just didn't get along with Don Nelson.

You shouldn't trade someone who can potentially be special for someone who you know cannot be...even if that other player is better in the meantime especially if you aren't going to be competing for a championship right away.

New York
    I saw that too. I don't necessarily like it at all. I guess I just don't see how you can trade a guy with as much potential as Randolph has for David Lee and the 4-5 year salary he'll command. I mean, Randolph can't even legally drink for another week, and he was dominating stretches of games just a little over a year ago. He didn't sustain a debilitating injury, he didn't go off and do something ridiculous off the court...he just didn't get along with Don Nelson.

You shouldn't trade someone who can potentially be special for someone who you know cannot be...even if that other player is better in the meantime especially if you aren't going to be competing for a championship right away.

I can understand what you are saying about Randolph, he does have bags of potential and with the right coach could be a very good player, but at the end of the day it is just potential. I watched most of the Warriors games last year and he did do well in some games but he is still raw and it is not too hard to shine at the Warriors and their system.

I like Lee a lot, he has continually improved and earned an All Star last year, averaging over 11 rebounds and 20 points a game.
    I would like to keep Randolph of course but as long as Nelson is there he will not fulfill his potential. Lee for me is the big man the Warriors lack.

• Advertisement

New York
    MIAMI

Thought the Bulls would be a better fit but not a bad bunch down there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Miami
    Their gona be unstoppable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

New York
    Had hoped Bulls :(

New York
    Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Their gona be unstoppable.

It doesn't always work that way. For me the Bulls have a better set of players that would accommodate LeBron. Saying that, if they really gel then it will be exciting to watch them play, will be interesting to see what players they get to support them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,177 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Miami
    That is one sickening crew they they got down there now. Don't know how they can't win titles...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Absolute cop out by LBJ. If he wants to be the greatest then he needs to carry a team to glory, not join half of an All-Star team. Miami are fecked though. They have damn all cap room and will have to sign players on minimum salary. That's gonna be a tough one to get over.
    You will get some players that will sign just to play with the "Big 3", but at the end of the day, as we have seen with Bosh, Wade, James, money talks. You won't get many that will sign up for minimum NBA wage. In this day and age Money > Winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

evil_seed wrote: »
    Absolute cop out by LBJ. If he wants to be the greatest then he needs to carry a team to glory, not join half of an All-Star team. Miami are fecked though. They have damn all cap room and will have to sign players on minimum salary. That's gonna be a tough one to get over.
    You will get some players that will sign just to play with the "Big 3", but at the end of the day, as we have seen with Bosh, Wade, James, money talks. You won't get many that will sign up for minimum NBA wage. In this day and age Money > Winning.

Erm isn't this a case of money not talking? Wade, Bosh and LeBron will get less money due to their decision to play in Miami. They are sacrificing higher salaries for the perceived increased chances of a ring. They might have some chance of getting some good veterens who are willing to the same.

I do think that 3 players does not make a team. It worked in Boston with Allen, Pierce and Garnett, but they also had an ace in their sleeve with Rondo being a 4th allstar and a really solid remainder of role players. I'm worried about what Miami's second unit will look like. I don't think any team wins a ring with a poor bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

New York
    He's being absolutely slated by the US media. The guy will want to win and win soon. I still can't see them beating the lakers next season, so he LBJ might start feeling the heat sooner than expected.

davyjose wrote: »
    He's being absolutely slated by the US media. The guy will want to win and win soon. I still can't see them beating the lakers next season, so he LBJ might start feeling the heat sooner than expected.

Id have to disagree with you there, i think they'd handle the lakers easily enough.. Bosh is a great defender and will prob keep Odum quiet.. Bynum cant stay healthy.. But to have a 1-2 punch combination of Wade and Lebron is gonna be some offense..

Riley will now go looking around the league for supporting role players and do you not think most of these players will take less money just to play on this team.. they'll be lining up already..

Hats off to Pat Riley because hes done some job convincing the 3 players to join...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Id have to disagree with you there, i think they'd handle the lakers easily enough.. Bosh is a great defender and will prob keep Odum quiet.. Bynum cant stay healthy..

I watched every Raptors game last season and Bosh is a poor to average defender. The Raptors were one of the worst defensive teams in the league. This may actually be a bit of an Issue for Miami, they could really do with a good defensive centre to make up for him. Bosh would be guarding Gasol mostly anyway, not Odom.
    Hats off to Pat Riley because hes done some job convincing the 3 players to join...

Absolutely, I'd say NY feel pretty sick right now.

Advertisement