Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speech therapy

Options
  • 04-03-2010 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

does anyone know of any helpful seminars or workshops that would be useful to attend to gain more knowledge about speech and language therapy???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Keep an eye on stammeringireland.ie for any upcoming workshops. The National Stammering Awareness Day (NSAD) takes places every October. This year it's taking place in the Ashling Hotel, Parkgate Street, Dublin 7, I'm not 100% on the date but I think its either the 16th or 23rd Oct. There's a post in the forum with the date I think??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lady66

Thanks a million Stephen will definately look into that, i am hoping to do a postgrad in Speech and Language Therapy this year so I really want to go to as many workshop as I can to gain experience.

Thanks again :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

No problem. Would you be interested in attending a selfhelp group? The Dublin selfhelp group often have students come along to observe the meetings. If you contact the Irish Stammering Association they can advise you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LilBean

lady66, I'm interested in doing Speech therapy too & have been looking for workshop/talks etc to attend!

Cluas in Tallaght are giving a talk on Saturday 15th May from 10-12 on helping children with Dyslexia. You can register for free & its open to anyone!

The information is here:

http://www.cluas.ie/news_15_May_10.html

Maybe see you there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Michael O Shea

"Speak Soon Communications" are running a one day workshop in the Ashling Hotel Parkgate Street Dublin on Saturday the 29th of May, the theme for the day is "LETS TALK ABOUT STAMMERING" which will look at both the physical and psychological of stammering.All are welcome to attend, attendance fee €20.00, start time 9.30am finish 5.00pm.

Speak soon,
    Michael O Shea.
    www.michaeloshea.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement