Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superannuation problem?

Options
  • 04-03-2010 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Im doing relief work at the moment with a number of agencies. The agencies pay me from their own accounts. I get paid directly by other employers. The problem I have is that the direct employers say they can't pay me until I have a superannuation number. However, Ive been told by the agency that you can only get this membership every quarter and the next one is the end of April (maybe its just the case for them). Surely this isn't right. Feel like one of the agencies is trying to tie me into working for them. Any ideas?? Don't want to have to have several super funds as will only create hassle when it comes to claiming the money back. Can I get a super fund just like with a tfn???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

You can get the fund whenever you want but payments are only made once a quarter

I recently had to get onto the ombudsman to get my super off an employer, make sure you reg on the super website so you can monitor the payments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Ya my problem is that I filled in a super form with the agency when I signed up. The agency don't seem to have forwarded this to the fund and thus I haven't received any super ID number. Without this I can't get paid. Can I just get a form myself and sign up or does it have to be done through an employer??

Ya my problem is that I filled in a super form with the agency when I signed up. The agency don't seem to have forwarded this to the fund and thus I haven't received any super ID number. Without this I can't get paid. Can I just get a form myself and sign up or does it have to be done through an employer??
    Yes. There is nothing stopping you having multiple super accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Thats the thing ..i dont want multiple funds..i want a single fund that different employers can pay into. Its less hassle for myself. Has anyone out there got this type of fund??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Thats the thing ..i dont want multiple funds..i want a single fund that different employers can pay into. Its less hassle for myself. Has anyone out there got this type of fund??

open your own super account and provide details to each of your employers

you can open one here for example
    https://www.amp.com.au/wps/portal/au/AMPAUOnlineMemberForm

you can set up each of your employers to pay you, or consolidate any existing super accounts you have already

it even allows you to search for any lost super you may have

I meant two as a multiple. One for you to use now and if your employer ends up setting one up for you then then it doesn't matter. You can always consolidate them.

Advertisement