Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noisey wheels/brakes

• 04-03-2010 9:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭

My car's making a weird kind of squeeky hissing every time I drive it.
    It's recently been serviced and the report said brakes were fine. It's not grating or anything.. The noise seems to come and go..

Any thoughts as to what it might be?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Best to get it checked out. Does it come when your driving
    slow enough and are about to stop. At a guess it could be dirt
    or brake pads would need some copper grease or even changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭Tells

Thanks Muckie

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MONEY_MAKER

hat kind of car is it ? and does it only hiss when you are braking

05 Almera. The hissing seems to come and go,before braking, during braking, after braking.. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Explain further the 'hissing' - could it be an air/vacuum leak?
    Tells wrote:
    The hissing seems to come and go,before braking, during braking, after braking.. Cheers.

There's no particular pattern in what you say but maybe there is a problem with the brake servo. Does the engine suffer from rough or erratic idling or even flat spots?

If you feel that there is a problem with the brakes then you should really have it seen to ASAP - the last thing you want is to be unable to stop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭owenmul

I had a noise like this before, i thought it was the brakes but turned out to be a knackered water pump.

This link may help you rule out/in a dodgy water pump:

http://www.ehow.com/how_7679_tell-cars-water.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

Tells wrote: »
    My car's making a weird kind of squeeky hissing every time I drive it.
    It's recently been serviced and the report said brakes were fine. It's not grating or anything.. The noise seems to come and go..

Any thoughts as to what it might be?

Cheers

possibly a wheel bearing ,or else what the other guys said about the brakes

or check for snakes in your engine ha ha

Thanks owenmul, will check that.

The brakes are woking fine. It's more of a squeeky noise than hissing I suppose. And it's not constantly noisy..

Advertisement