Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your boobs: what do they mean to you?

• 04-03-2010 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭

I was talking to a girlfriend about boob size yesterday and I thought of the Breast Augmentation thread and some of the opinions that were being expressed on it (and being a good tLLer and not wishing to derail it I've started a new one :D). Both my friend and I have lost a significant amount of weight of late and thanks to a combination of that and our body's hitting the 30 year mark we've both noticed that our boobs are smaller and a less shapely than they used to be, and it's quite a discomforting thing for both of us. When I was at my heaviest I was a DD/E cup, now I'm a small B, and in all honesty, I really don't like it at all.

I intrinsically link my femininity to my boobs - why that is could be argued until the cows come home, but I think by and large it's got a lot to do with my sport, which by it's nature has very masculine overtones and my boobs are the one part of my body which will always help me retain my womanliness no matter how much stronger I get. I'm stronger than the average man, but my boobs help keep me grounded as a woman.

As well as that I had a little bit of a scare recently when I found a lump in my boob a few weeks ago - it's been checked and the consultant isn't overly concerned, but I have an ultrasound on Monday and may need a biopsy done, just to be sure. but I will never, ever forget the fear that coursed through me when I found it - these are my boobs, my most womanly part, the thought that something was wrong with them was just horrifying to me. And now that they're smaller as well, I dunno, I just feel a bit let down by my body or something. Both my friend and I admitted that we've had semi-serious thoughts about getting our breast augmented because we were so concerned about the effect they were beginning to have on us. If the absolute worst came to the worst and I had to have my breasts removed for health reasons I think I can equivocally say right now that I wouldn't hesitate for a second to have breast reconstruction surgery.

I would argue to the death that I'd be doing it for me... but then why is the shape and size of my boobs so important when I'm not the one looking at them all the time?

Anyway, how important are your boobs to you? Do you like them? Would it upset you if they changed shape or size? Do you see them as an innate part of your womanliness or do you think that the importance of boobs has been overly-inflated (no innuendo/ pun meant :o) by the media?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

They're the most obviously feminine part of me, and in the right bra,in the right top, they are part of an expression of that femininity.

The sexual pleasure they afford me is tied up with the more animal and basic side of that femininity, another facet.

Knowing I can manufacture the means for a babys' survivial is a source of fascination. I'm pretty sure I'll be very impressed with myself and what my womans body can do when that time comes.

But.

If I ever go through finding a lump like G'em has, they will be a source of absolute unmitigated terror to me.

Good luck with all your health checks G'em. Keep strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Arrah I'm grad, honestly, it's almost certainly a benign tumour and nothing to worry about. But I mentioned it because it's the "what if's" that it brings with it that got me thinking about this and I'm curious to know how other girls feel about their boobs.

That's a really interesting point about milk production actually, that's something I'd forgotten I take pride in my boobs for. I mean really, how cool are mammary glands?!? I've always assumed that if I ever have kids I'll breast-feed them, bottle feeding would only be done if I absolutely couldn't put them to the breast straight away.

I need to lose weight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Wizard007

Giselle wrote: »
    They're the most obviously feminine part of me, and in the right bra,in the right top, they are part of an expression of that femininity.

The sexual pleasure they afford me is tied up with the more animal and basic side of that femininity, another facet.

Knowing I can manufacture the means for a babys' survivial is a source of fascination. I'm pretty sure I'll be very impressed with myself and what my womans body can do when that time comes.

But.

If I ever go through finding a lump like G'em has, they will be a source of absolute unmitigated terror to me.

Good luck with all your health checks G'em. Keep strong.

Well put Giselle :) That's exactly how I feel too. And having had two kids, it is amazing.

Best of luck G'em :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

It's weird seeing this pop up I was asking myself the same questions a few wks ago, I had a scare like yourself G'em and it got me thinking. I always said I'd never have cosmetic surgery done I'm happy as I am (bar the usual wanting to lose a few pounds:rolleyes:), but after thinking about it if it came down to it I would seriously consider breast reconstruction surgery. I would miss them and I don't think I would feel as feminine if I'm honest.

I was doing alot of sport up until a yr or 2 ago and have put on weight after having to give it up for awhile, while I havent noticed any big increase in size there has been a slight change but I like them as they are and am a little worried when I get going again will the start to disappear. :eek:

On the breast feeding, being only 24 it's not something I've given alot of thought to but when I have kids I like the idea of breast feeding over bottle feeding.
    I need to lose weight

:confused: I'm confused, random statement or do you feel you would like a smaller lighter chest? Are they causing discomfort?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm currently breastfeeding and it's quite a strange thing. They have always been part of my sexual anatomy and to be using them to feed a baby is a bit confusing. Logically, this is their primary intended purpose but it doesn't stop me feeling a little sheepish feeding the baby in front of people. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that they can be both functional and sexual, even at the same time.

I breastfed for the first time in public on Monday and before I did I was "baby needs to eat" not bothered. But when it came to it I became aware of every pair of eyes and I started to panic! Thank God for my Mum who pushed me on. It'll be easier next time.

I don't know if I'll ever feel the way I used to feel about them again once the baby is done with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

For the most part i like mine. They are an E cup, shrunk a bit when i lost weight (my ex actually commented on the fact theyd shrunk a bit - thanks :rolleyes:), but ive put a bit back on now :rolleyes:

Tbh sometimes i hate them without a bra. When i started going out with my ex id never go to bed without a bra.

But for the most part i like them, like the size, wouldnt mind going down a size or 2 (easier to get nice bras!) but have never really considered surgery on them.

If God forbid something happened and I had to lose a breast i think i would feel less like a woman. To me they are part of being a woman. now maybe i would feel differently if id almost died and losing the breast saved my life, but right now i think id probably want reconstructive surgery.

One reason Id be against ever getting breast surgery is ive heard you lose sensitivity? feck that tbh :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

I don't really care to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Honestly, I'd prefer if mine were smaller. I wish I was less curvy than I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Im a double G and although its a pain that I can only wear bras with massive straps and old granny patterns I still love them. I would really be devastated if I had to get them removed for any reason and quite frankly a doctor would have to force me. Its always the body part that men compliment on me the most so I would feel really unsexy if they were lobbed off by some butcher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I happy with mine, i breast fed for 2.5 years with my first child, i didnt witht the other 2. I dont really think about my boobs much, i check them in the shower as my family are prone to cysts. After having kids there not as firm but thats not the be all and end all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Frankly I love mine. I think I like them almost as much as my OH does. Even when I'm having a fat day and think everything looks awful on me and I'm a heifer, I'll still look at my boobs and be happy with them. I'm a 36D at the moment, up from a 36C in the last year. I always wear low-cut tops, I'm happy for guys to look at them as much as they want, and I love that my OH loves them so much.

But breast cancer runs strongly in my family. My grandmother and mother had it, at least. My mum had a mastectomy 5 years ago now, and never got reconstruction. I think I'd have to. I understand her reasons (she really didn't fancy another major surgery), but I would feel like less of a woman without my boobs. I wish I could be less attached to them (no pun intended) so that if the worst case scenario happened, I wouldn't be devastated about losing them.

As for the size, I'm happy with them, but I wouldn't mind them being a bit bigger. I do have some problems fitting them into tops at times, but I'd really like to be maybe a 34DD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

They are an annoyance.

I was a 36C by the time I was 15 and right from the start they got in the way.
    I had to wear a bra, they were sore, they stopped me doing things I wanted.
    And then when they stopped growing they gave me a more mature appearance then I was which lead to a lot of smart comments and solictations and having strange drunken older men trying touch them, which got worse by the time I was 18 and they were a 38D.

I've always hate the way they bounce and sway and get in the way.
    Bra shopping is a night mare, going up to 42E while breast feeding was worse,
    I am only back to being a 38D recently and I would happily be a 36B if it was an option for me, I get sick of clothes which I can not wear, or close due to them.

I don't feel that the seat of my womanlyness is my boobs, for me it's my Yoni.
    Yes I am happy that I was able to breast feed and that I do get pleasure from them
    but they have been more of a bane then a boon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I've come to appreciate them over the years. When I was younger, they were an annoyance. Boobs and gymnastics don't go so well. So I would do my best to flatten them out whenever I trained. Later on, wearing a bra was just uncomfortable. My boobs always felt smushed.

Around my mid 20s, I developed a few small tumors in my breasts and had surgery to remove one. It was a very scary few weeks. Just the idea of possibly having cancer was scary. I don't know that I even got so far as to think about reconstructing my boobs - I was terrified of the idea of chemotherapy and the possibility of not surviving. But I was lucky all around in that the tumors were benign, and they were so small that their removal did not leave me lopsided. I just had a little scar that is no longer noticeable. So, very, very lucky. But after the experience, I was still left going, "Gah, stupid boobs!"

One of the most significant experiences I had was going to a ladies locker room and seeing a wide variety of boobs for the first time. That probably sounds creepy, but the only real boobs I had ever seen up until then had been my mother's and my own. I started to appreciate my boobs a lot more after that.

Nowadays, I feel much better about them. My mother finally convinced me to try a C or D cup. I did and it's made a world of difference. I now wear a 32D and there's no smushing, no uncomfortableness. I'm not even afraid to show a little cleavage now and then. I don't really worry about the effect that breastfeeding will have on them; I figure I'll cross that bridge if I ever come to it. As for aging, we'll see how it goes! :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

I love my breasts, tits, boobies, knockers, funbags, whatever you want to call them. I love them.

They're womanly, curvy, soft, voluptuous, they're essential to me, me personally as a woman.

I was a seriously late developer, 19 and still able to wear my first training bra, essentially only my nipples would tell you which was my front from my back. I was slagged unmercifully in school and developed a real complex about it. But then I got sense and realised that ok, I didn't have massive knockers but I did have a tiny waist and great hair.

About the age of 22/23 they started growing and I have this fabulous set of tits today. Now gravity has set in somewhat and they're not as pert as they used be but I still love them. They're hugely sensitive, touching them during sex guarantees me serious pleasure, in fact I insist on it.

I can't wait to breast-feed, I hope that I will be able to when the time comes. I cannot wait to have that special time with my child, nourishing them and I personally think it's a bonding moment and i'm just living for it.

If anything should happen and I had to have my breasts removed, I would be gutted but wouldn't hesitate to have reconstruction surgery. I've thought about an uplift, but hey, my breasts came on this journey with me, they tell a story the same way my face does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I remember my "Dear Diary... why do the girls in my class have boobs and I don't?!" stage in 6th class. :o They grew out of nowhere one day, I remember the growing pains were the worst thing ever. By the September of 1st year, I got measured for my first bra. I was 13 and a 32C! Never got a crop top or training bra...

They've just continued to grow (srsly, just stoppit!) and I'm a 34 E now. I feel that they are too big, because I'm quite short. I very, very rarely wear low cut tops. When I was a hot little 16 year old I used to flaunt my figure in spaghetti string tops :rolleyes:

I'm working on losing weight now, so I would love to get down to a D cup. I just feel like I could have more freedom when buying clothes. They were so perky then too... And really E cup is so so heavy, my shoulders do hurt. Btw, why the **** are larger bras so bloody expensive!!??

Sexually, I know they look good. I have great boobs. Men love them, my boyfriend loves them. My female friends are OBSESSED with them. I love them, Haha, I guess I'm shallow!

They feel sexy and they rule my horn. It's up to my boobs to decide if there's gonna be any loving or not. I really don't like the idea of breast feeding because I get off on nipple love. They're not for baby!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

g'em wrote: »
    Anyway, how important are your boobs to you? Do you like them? Would it upset you if they changed shape or size? Do you see them as an innate part of your womanliness or do you think that the importance of boobs has been overly-inflated (no innuendo/ pun meant :o) by the media?

My boobs are quite important to me. Like metaoblivia, it took quite some time to appreciate them because I danced growing up and often felt out of place alongside the girls with smaller breasts, girls who didn't have to worry about sports bras and taping them down under certain costumes that weren't quite made to accommodate my breasts.

I really like them now. I like how they're not too big, not too small, I like how they feel when they're touched, I like how they look. Are they an innate part of womanliness? Yes, and several posters have already made reference to breastfeeding . . . but the sexual connection that says having breasts = womanliness has definitely been capitalized upon. Didn't it used to be that if you had body parts that did what they were supposed to do and worked for you, then they were good, and there wasn't much more to it than that? It's obviously not like that anymore, but I don't know if that's necessary a bad thing, and I don't know that the emphasis on breasts is a bad thing either. The emphasis on a particular shape/size/firmness, etc. is another story, and that is kind of unfortunate.

I'm sure that I will not be happy when they change shape and size (and I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that they will!), but I do know that even though I love them as a part of me, they aren't who I am, and will try to remember that.
    One of the most significant experiences I had was going to a ladies locker room and seeing a wide variety of boobs for the first time. That probably sounds creepy, but the only real boobs I had ever seen up until then had been my mother's and my own. I started to appreciate my boobs a lot more after that.

We're kind of obsessed with knowing what's "normal" and if we fall into that category, whether it's whether our breasts look like other women's breasts or whether we're having the same amount of sex as other people, or whether we're eating the same amount as other people, or making the same amount of money. I don't think that moment is creepy at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I'm only a c cup but look smaller. I would prefer them to be a little bigger but that also depends on my mood and what I wear. As they are not big they have never been of major significance to me. Is that strange?

I would want a boob job if I ever had to one or both removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Contessa Raven

I'm currently a 36F! :eek: I think it's because I'm overweight but I'm working on that. My boobs are the most complimented part of my body. My friends are fascinated by them and sometimes they even have an ol' squeeze and guys tend to really appreciate them too. ;)

To me, boobs are a sign of femininity and I would be devastated if anything happened to them because as painful as they can be on my back and shoulders, I love them! They play a big part in my sexual satisfaction. I am worried that when I lose weight they'll shrink down but if that happens there isn't alot I can do about it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

My boobs are the most complimented part of my body. My friends are fascinated by them and sometimes they even have an ol' squeeze and guys tend to really appreciate them too. ;)

Same! But personally, I don't like mine. I wouldn't go to the extent of having surgery but they're too big for my frame, I feel out of proportion and I don't like the perceptions and misconceptions people often have.

I'd much rather have more moderate sized boobs and not have to deal with the negative effects bigger boobs come with (back pains, clothings not fitting correctly etc)... but at the same time, they are what they are, so I have to accept them and have confidence in my appearance, as best I can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭shellykbookey

I have on and off days with mine, most of the time they annoy me though. They took their sweet time turning up in the first place and stayed an A cup till I was in leaving cert, except for 2 or 3 months when I put on a load of wieght and lost it again leaving them covered in stretch marks (which I'm still trying to get rid of). Appart from that they dont match my frame, I'm fairly tall and I've broad shoulders and not much of a waist, they're roughly a C at the moment but they dont look it :( The most annoying thing is that there wide but there's no depth to them so if I get a bra that fits around the cup its litterally half empty. If I could get rid of the stretch marks and had the money I'd get a boob job in a heartbeat, I dont want them huge I just want them in proportion with the rest of me. I dont think I could handle loosing one, I'm not that strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

I dont think I could handle loosing one, I'm not that strong.

Your breasts aren't you.
    From my experience of mastectomy in my family, everyone IS that strong.

If faced with the choice of breasts or death, you'll be that strong.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Well, I think mine are the cause of my back pain right now so not loving them too much. They are quite big (32DD) for my size (8/10). I find it difficult to find tops that fit me properly and I tend to cover them up because I don't want to draw attention to them.

Glad to see I'm not the only one whose friends like to have a squeeze of. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

i can honestly say i don't feel like my femininity is at all tied into my breasts. they've always been really small, and up until age 21 i was still hoping they'd just get a growth spurt, but at 25 i have finally accepted them haha.
    i hated that they were small all through my teens. i'm not petite or skinny, so i just always felt really out of proportion.
    i do like them now, i just focus on the perks of being small...pun much inteded as their perkiness is probably the best thing haha. but i feel like i missed out on this whole phase a lot of girls go through in their teens where they realise they have breasts and get to show them off in low cut tops etc...i have heard good things about cleavage, but thus far we haven't met in person. so yeah i dunno, i guess i'd still like to be a cup bigger, but i like them alright, and appreciate them when i hear about larger breasted friends with back trouble etc.

i think i have a lump in my breast too. i actually first noticed last may, meant to go to doc, then forgot about it, or it seemed to go away. every once in a while id seem to notice or remember again, plan to make an appointment and just not get around to it. last few weeks they were quite sore, but some people say it might be stress, or your mentrual cycle.. anyway i know i should have gotten checked up earlier, but i'm an idiot. got an appointment for tuesday. i'm not worried because statistically i know it's probably nothing serious, so there is no point stressing over nothing yet.
    hypothetically, if i ever got breast cancer, i would be worried about the disease but the removal of a breast itself wouldn't bother me so much, i don't feel a real attachment [pun..not intended] to them. however, while i've never wanted to get a boob job under normal circumstances, i think in that situation i definitely would be like "screw it, if i make it through this, i'm getting bigger boobs".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Like my hair, I've taken a long time to like them, and feel sensitive even now about them. Wait till you ladies hit 30+, that's all I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

I didn't really have boobs until I was about 17 and they seemed to just come out of nowhere overnight. There were even whispers that I'd had a boob job. I hated them then and did everything in my power to cover them up. I used to actually feel like crying when people mentioned them.

I'm a large C/D depending on the make but they do look big on me because I'm quite petite. I'm mid twenties now and I finally love them and realise that I actually do have really good boobs in terms of shape and volume. Wish they didn't give me so much trouble when I was younger though! and hope they won't change much as I get older!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't think too much about them tbh, but at the same time it's nice to have cleavage - I hate when girls with massive bazookas whinge about other girls with really small ones or none at all choosing to go under the knife.
    I'd hate to be massive though - it must be painful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Being perfectly honest, I don't put more stock in my breasts than any other part of my body, they are there, they exist, but so do my feet. I am a very comfortable B/C,( depends on bra) and I am happy with that. If I lost one (or two) to disease I do not think I would equate it to a lack of womanhood. Of course it is easy to say as I do not have that anxiety, but to me being alive would be MUCH more of an important factor to me. It could be my age, but the closer I come to 40, ( 37 now) the less I worry about incidental things like boobs and bodily hair or celulite or a host of other things. I feel good, feel strong, feel fit, feel confident and that = sexy, to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭RachPie

They're womanliness aren't they? I think (in a non pervy kind of way at all) they're beautiful and feminine. Not just from a vanity point of view, but they're special from a motherly point of view too.

• Advertisement

The whole "losing femininity" thing didn't concern me when I was younger... until I had a scare at 24 (thankfully nothing)... then it very much mattered to me. Different for different women though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I love my boobs. Although after breastfeeding my kids, they now resemble cocker spaniel ears...

However they do the job, A good bra will give them a shape for me and Mr Quality still has an interest in them so they cant be too bad.

I dont think I would ever consider getting work done on them, would be too afraid of losing sensation and I dont think that the scarring would be much of a turn on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭RachPie

Fake boobs look horrible though. I think you should be proud of whatever you have! I think plastic surgery is an incredibly vain thing unless you really need it - i.e. have something wrong with you.

RachPie wrote: »
    Fake boobs look horrible though. I think you should be proud of whatever you have! I think plastic surgery is an incredibly vain thing unless you really need it - i.e. have something wrong with you.
    That's easy to say for a person who's got 'em - not saying you have, just speaking in general. I'd totally understand a woman getting them lifted if they've gone seriously south too, and a reduction. Not all boob jobs are fake-looking either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I had a large C cup by the time I was 12 and am now a large DD. I have already pretty much decided that after I have kids I am going to get them reduced. They hurt to haul around and they draw too much attention.

Sometimes I like them (and I know my husband does) but most of the time I feel like they overwhelm me. I am very short so people are already looking down at me and I feel like I have to wear high shirts or they are getting a clear shot down my shirt.

I also feel like I get taken less seriously in the work environment. They have done studies showing a correlation that for every size over a C cup there is a drop in perceived IQ, even by other women. I am already a woman working in a dominantly male field, I don't need any other disadvantages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I have pretty much no interest in mine. I have DD cup but they are not obviously big which means I dont get any attention because of them. I could never understand the need for females to get them enhanced as they are so fake looking but I have a friend who is deeply unhappy with how flat chested she is so I can see it from her point of view.

• Advertisement

Walls wrote: »
    Wait till you ladies hit 30+, that's all I say.
    They're not going to just "drop" at that age - you can do stuff to "maintain" them, e.g. exercise, the right bra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

I'm 30 and they are the same as when I was 18!

I like me boobs and I don't think I'd be very happy if anything bad were to happen to them. Although they are part of my femininity, however, I don't think my identity as a woman is dependant on them. And I definately don't see them as the 'most feminine part of me' - as far as I'm concerned that trophy goes to something lower down and a lot more important

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

I like mine sometimes. When I go out I wouldnt ever show them off in an obvious type of way. But my dresses and tops would show them off. But its nice to be able to fill out my clothes on top.

I would definitly be upset if anything happened to me that would result in having one removed or having an operation on them.

I think for me, they define my femininity. Along with my curves ( in the right places!).

But then I also get annoyed with them. I run a lot, so I try to support them as best as I can while doing so. Its really sore if you run and they are bouncing all over the place.

So while I can get peed off with them, I wouldnt give them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Quality wrote: »
    I love my boobs. Although after breastfeeding my kids, they now resemble cocker spaniel ears...

Oh, that nearly me choke on my coffee while laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I don't understand people saying that their breasts define their femininity. My femininity is defined by my character.

I would be sad if they were removed due to cancer, but hey, they're only breasts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I don't understand people saying that their breasts define their femininity. My femininity is defined by my character.

I would be sad if they were removed due to cancer, but hey, they're only breasts!

I feel pretty much the same.
    I think 'feminity' is a man made concept and I so I don't hold much credence for it.

I'd still be the same person without my breasts. I'd be utterly devastated If I lost my hands,arms,legs, or senses because they help me function as a human being,but breasts I can function without.
    I like the way my boobs feel though,there probably the softest part of my body and there nice to touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Assets Model

Faith wrote: »
    Frankly I love mine. I think I like them almost as much as my OH does. Even when I'm having a fat day and think everything looks awful on me and I'm a heifer, I'll still look at my boobs and be happy with them. I'm a 36D at the moment, up from a 36C in the last year. I always wear low-cut tops, I'm happy for guys to look at them as much as they want, and I love that my OH loves them so much.

Totally agree with you there Faith I love mine although they're smaller htan yours at 34c. I was a 34a/b for most of my teens and 20s but I put on about a stone after 25 and filled out a good bit. I've gotten into weights in teh last 6 months and I lost a few inches but thankfully nothing off my chest, dunno if that's what weight training does or just luck but i'm pretty happy with that. I dunno how i'd feel about breast feeding I know my sister found it quite painful and I do think of them as sexual objects not sure how i'd like for them to be unsexual for a while.

On the topic of surgery I would love them bigger though I got talking to a girl at a party a couple of months ago who looked like barbie, I was quite intrigued by her look so I went to talk to her as all the lads were intimidated by her and all the girls were shooting her catty looks. She was a great laugh and after a few glasses of wine told me she'd recently had hers done after she had a baby and to be honest they looked amaaaaaaaaaazing and I was dying to get mine done. But the lack of sensitivity would be a problem and the recovery time not being able to exercise and obviously everyone knowing you had them done i'd presume everyone would think I was a bit trashy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I have luscious breasts but they do get in the way sometimes. I would probably consider reduction surgery when I am older. I'd hate to have giant* nanny boobs on my knees.

* They're not really that big.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I was one of the first in my class to get a bra and I hated it, I played football did gymnastics and generally they were a nuisance, gradually they got a lot bigger due to the pill I suppose and people started noticing them which I hated.
    At my biggest I've been a DD and even my first bra was a B, they are big C at the moment. If I had to have one removed I'd definitely get reconstructive surgery, at 31 they're not as nice as they were at 18, but then again they're a lot bigger now. For years I've had an issue with one being marginally larger then the other, and tbh if I had the cash and it was a simple procedure, I'd probably get some work done on them, but then again my right foot is 1/2 a size bigger then my left and it doesn't bother me. My OH does list them as one of his favorite body parts of mine, but then again most blokes are boob obsessed. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

ive got quite big boobs... big enough that i will be getting a reduction when i have the money saved up

they dont cause me pain or anything, but i just dont like them, and im sick of the attention they generate

feminity? nah. theres more to me than my boobs

sexually, they dont actually do much for me either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Serious question.

How sensitive ARE your nipples? Does it REALLY do something for you when they are touched/sucked during sexual activity?

It's just, I'm a guy and mine are so insensitive that you could actually touch them and I wouldn't even feel it. Honestly. No sensitivity at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Interestingly enough, last night I was on a movie set (not as exciting as it sounds) and one of the women there had clearly artificial breasts. The size was simply astonishing, every other man and woman there couldn't but notice. The breasts themselves looked terribly, with no natural curve to them at all. Instead, they looked like sliothers under the skin, hard, unnatural things that looked uncomfortable. I'm not especially cognisant of my body under normal circumstances, but this made me think with gratitude that I look the way I look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

kraggy wrote: »
    Does it REALLY do something for you when they are touched/sucked during sexual activity?

Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

kraggy wrote: »
    Serious question.

How sensitive ARE your nipples? Does it REALLY do something for you when they are touched/sucked during sexual activity?

nope, not for me, tbh.

my boobs are quite insensitive, and someone would want to be sucking very strongly beofre i'd feel it, and tbh then i'd feel it but it isnt particularly sexually exciting

it's one reason why i'm not nervous of getting a boob reduction... the op carries a risk of loss of sensitivity, but that would be no change for me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement