Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BC2 Tips and Tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Ponster wrote: »
    No. Join server with friend and stat-pad to your hearts content.

If I remember correctly it was the same in BF2 until a patch brought in the minimum players thingy.

EA/Dice - memoray span of a doped up goldfish.

Anyone had maybe missing kills in servers? So I had a 6-5 k/d ratio according to the ingame end scores, then below it notes I have 11 knife kills.... wtf? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

R0ot wrote: »
    Anyone had maybe missing kills in servers? So I had a 6-5 k/d ratio according to the ingame end scores, then below it notes I have 11 knife kills.... wtf? :pac:

Must have deducted kills for those times you got us both shot down in the heli tbh.

Gaunty wrote: »
    Must have deducted kills for those times you got us both shot down in the heli tbh.

Yeah my bad on that one, still not used to those controls although helis are really like paper in this BF especially on that desert map.

EDIT: Do knife kills contribute to your overall k/d ratio? I've just noticed I have 105 dog tags but only 41 kills total so far.

If you get the chat bug where you can't see your text when typing first hit return to get out of the chat prompt then hit your map key (M default) and close it again and it will work. :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Dogtags collected in the beta have carried over.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Ok a tip i would suggest is changing the grenade button from F to G, its more hassle then its worth, then use the F key for your primary gadget

steve_ wrote: »
    Ok a tip i would suggest is changing the grenade button from F to G, its more hassle then its worth, then use the F key for your primary gadget

F is my jump button but G is my grenade button.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

F is my jump button but G is my grenade button.

WTF F ??? thats just wrong. :P

Chorcai wrote: »
    WTF F ??? thats just wrong. :P

Yeah well get this
    C - Crouch
    F - Jump
    Middle Mouse - Reload

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

Yeah well get this
    C - Crouch
    F - Jump
    Middle Mouse - Reload

Get out.

Yeah well get this
    C - Crouch
    F - Jump
    Middle Mouse - Reload

Are you one of them Kit-toegs ?

Chorcai wrote: »
    Are you one of them Kit-toegs ?

No I am R0ot, here my awesome roar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

guys how i can see how many fps i have?
    in good old bf2 there was command box..and now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

There is FRAPS :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭sharky0922

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    There is FRAPS :D

hehe yeah..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm loving the shotgun, up close its lethal resulting in one shot kills. You have to be bang on with your aiming though otherwise by the time you've had a chance to get your second shot off your probably dead.

I'm a bit worried how the game will change a few weeks from now when most people will have the powerful stuff unlocked, the ceramic body armour for example is something that I think will result in an unfair advantage. In BF2 there was never anything like armour so you had just as much chance of winning in a one on one face off.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Gustav bunkerbuster is the most fun you can have in this game. If you havent given it a proper go yet, please do :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Quick tip guys, i noticed this too but couldnt figure out why after closing the game and starting later few times performance was dropping dramatically the more i quit and rejoined throughout the day.

Taken from firing squad review

There is one last thing I feel I should mention, and it’s a big one. More often than not, BFBC2Game.exe will continue to run in the background after you exit the game. This is probably the most glaring example of poor play-testing you’ll find with this game. Like a memory leak on steroids, the thing will contentedly munch on about 400MB of RAM and even allow you to start the game again on top of it. If you start and stop the game repeatedly over the course of a few days, and don’t bring up the process manager to check things out, you might end up with 5 or 6 instances of it running at once, ruining your performance. Beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I'm loving the shotgun, up close its lethal resulting in one shot kills. You have to be bang on with your aiming though otherwise by the time you've had a chance to get your second shot off your probably dead.

I'm a bit worried how the game will change a few weeks from now when most people will have the powerful stuff unlocked, the ceramic body armour for example is something that I think will result in an unfair advantage. In BF2 there was never anything like armour so you had just as much chance of winning in a one on one face off.

Theres a 20 shot shotgun in the single player game :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Efioanaes wrote: »
    Quick tip guys, i noticed this too but couldnt figure out why after closing the game and starting later few times performance was dropping dramatically the more i quit and rejoined throughout the day.

Taken from firing squad review

There is one last thing I feel I should mention, and it’s a big one. More often than not, BFBC2Game.exe will continue to run in the background after you exit the game. This is probably the most glaring example of poor play-testing you’ll find with this game. Like a memory leak on steroids, the thing will contentedly munch on about 400MB of RAM and even allow you to start the game again on top of it. If you start and stop the game repeatedly over the course of a few days, and don’t bring up the process manager to check things out, you might end up with 5 or 6 instances of it running at once, ruining your performance. Beware!

Has not happened to me at all from what i can tell, performance has been rock solid. Luckily.

Thanks very much for the info though, ill know what to look for if i have an issue :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

If your in a squad stick with it, bit of a pain when someone goes running off to one flag while the rest are at another.

My simple plan is whoever i spawn on i follow them :)

sharky0922 wrote: »
    guys how i can see how many fps i have?
    in good old bf2 there was command box..and now?

I have an EVGA card software has an overlay showing MHz/Temp/FanS/FPS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

just a tip for some people with ati cards,
    chances are like pretty much everyone else with an ati card,
    your experiencing long load times,
    usually 30 to 60 seconds.

you can either wait till dice or ati release a patch or driver,
    but switching your settings to dx9 will sort it.

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »

Nvidia - The way it's meant to be played.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »

I was wondering what that was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Apperantly there is actually a "cheat" or "development" bug still activated in the game, if you are in a armed vehicle and press f9 3 times, it will port you to the opposite teams spawn :eek:

stuck in work at the moment so can somebody try this?

I find it hard to believe Dice would leave something like this ingame

• Registered Users Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Peglegged wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe Dice would leave something like this ingame

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    If your in a squad stick with it, bit of a pain when someone goes running off to one flag while the rest are at another.

My simple plan is whoever i spawn on i follow them :)

^^^^ HOLY ****...could not agree more. The amount of times I look at the map and it looks like someone has been throwing skittles at it....green squad members all over the shop.

I mean when you squad mate is flashing a BAND AID on his head HEAL HIM FFS!!! and when flashing bullets give him ammo....its ****in mental the amount of times you have to go looking for the basic stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭steve_

Just a little tip im sure most of you know already. You DO have a health bar, simply waiting for the red blood stains to go away doesnt mean your at full health again. Stay at medi packs till you hear a little noise, this means your at full health. Its just annoying when you throw down a medi pack and people just sprint past them and you can clearly see there health is very low :mad:

Advertisement