Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horse riding in Dublin

Options
  • 04-03-2010 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

I have just moved over and want to book horse riding lessons for me missus... does anyone know of anywhere i could book to do this near Rathmines?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

There's a list of equestrian centres in this thread which you may find helpful as it includes centres around Dublin.

If you're looking for one that is close to public transport you could try Carrickmines (I've not been there, but I know it's not too far away from the 63 bus route (I think!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Nickthebubble

thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

As usual the most helpful convert is correct. That bus service is not the most frequent and last time I used it was a couple of years ago, reckon buses may be worse since.

The stop you want is on the Glenamuck Road and almost straight after a roundabout that has new developments on the left. Once you get off, go up the road and the next road you want is on your left, there will be a sign post. Then you have the nice uphill walk of 10 minutes or so. You often get other riders with cars who bring people up and down the hill!

cheers
    convert wrote: »
    There's a list of equestrian centres in this thread which you may find helpful as it includes centres around Dublin.

If you're looking for one that is close to public transport you could try Carrickmines (I've not been there, but I know it's not too far away from the 63 bus route (I think!)

thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

wouldnt necessarily reccomend carrickmines.. the school horses are used a fair bit and the atmosphere can be a bit frosty to be honest! havent done a riding lesson in a fair few years now as i have my own horses, but as far as i know theyre gone quite exspensive, if shes experienced and into riding you should look into livery options for horses, i know the yard im in offers horses on livery so its your horse without actually buying it? i did it with my first horse and it was a great way to get into the feeling of owning your own horse without the scary commitment! that said itd depend on how much riding she actually wants to do, i just think a lot of people are unaware of these kinds of options and feel theyre stuck doing riding lessons for the rest of their lives!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 Yeager101

Hi Nickthebubble,
    We are lieterally 5 minutes past Carrickmines on the same road towards Enniskerry, and I can safely say, (as I know most comment on it) that we are a friendly and fun yard to come riding in.

We cater for lessons for beginners and advanced and opporate to the public Wednesdays through Sundays weekly. We have a large range of horses for you to choose from whatever your riding level. Feel free to visit the website http://killegarstables.com/riding-school/

Lessons and treks are €35 per hour for adults and €28 for kids.
    If you would like to arrange something, feel free to mail me on killegar@gmail.com and I can happily take care of everything for you.

Pints in Jonny Foxes after is always recommended:)

thanks for the info Yeager 101, much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I can vouch for Killegar, they are great and really well worth a trip up to. Great views and a nice big field nearby to go hacking round. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭lodger222

Brooke Lodge might do classes and is very close to Stepaside and bus routes..

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Yeager101

Killegar Stables is very near. Its also on the 44bus route. www.killegarstables.com Friendly staff. Have a look at their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/KillegarStables

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

This thread is 3 years old - there is no point in dragging it up just to pimp a specific place.

/Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement