Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vaio issues connecting to the Net

• 04-03-2010 12:03pm

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone can give me any help here.

I have a sony vaio NS20ES laptop, and im in a building with wireless internet.

Pretty much, theres a code to connect to the Net, about a 20 digit code, letters and numbers, which others are using to get online in here.

For some reason, though others can get online, my vaio cant seem to figure it out at all.

Anyone got any idea. Never tried to connect to a wireless set up before, but the other guys here took a look and cant seem to figure it out either.

Writing this on a phone, so sorry for spelling mistakes, etc.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

On the front of them (left hand side) their should be a wireless switch just double check that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Indeed, make sure the wireless network is visible to you first.
    If it is, you will need to provide more details:
    Do you get an error when trying to connect?
    Have you tried connecting to other wireless networks? There are plenty of wireless hotspots about to test it...
    Have you tried plugging an Ethernet cable directly to the laptop to see if you can get any connection at all?

Hey guys,

Yep, switched on the wireless switch. It brings up a menu of networks available, tells me there are none available, and then I don't really know where to go from there.

I've tried messing around in the control panel and such, but never really found any success.

Ah, sure I'd only have needed it for next week anyway. I'll live without.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Angus Og

Sounds like a known Vaio problem.

When the menu of networks is up, there should be a tick-box. Something like start with system. It has to be unticked, then shut down completely, then restart. Weird bug, but that fix worked for my friend.

Advertisement