Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing a new gas boiler

• 04-03-2010 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Want to change from existing oil boiler, 35 yrs old, to Gas. Couple of queries:

1. Is it ok to mount a gas boiler in a sort-of external utilitity room that has no heat but is dry (i.e. a non-permeable roof, but not sealed for air).

2. How do I work out the kW I need - there are 12 double rads in the house and a tank

3. How much should I be paying for a boiler - I looked at a 24 kW Victrix boiler on rvr.ie for 1000 + VAT. This shound right ballpark?

4. Not replacing rads. Simply going under concrete and disconnecting pipes from oil boiler to house and connecting gas piped water instead. This sound ok?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

PM items. He is gone out into business. No doubt if you mention it he will look after you.. Make sure its a condensing boiler and apply for the grant.

Advertisement