Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

career in actuary

Options
  • 04-03-2010 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm doing the Finance degree at queens,belfast. in my third year. Been contemplating a career in actuary as i've always been very handy with the numbers compared to theory as my module results show. I wonder would i have much chance of becoming a trainee actuary when i graduate in 2011. My a-levels were maths,physics and business studies AAB and i'm sitting on a high 2:1 at the moment with 6 modules in final year to complete.

There is now an actuary course in queens' and its been running three years. I applied for it when doing my a-levels but didn't get an offer becuase of mediocre GCSEs. The thing is that the students studying atuarial studies at queens are doing around 70% the same modules as my course. Would this allow me to be exempt from any professional exams if i do become a trainee actuary.

I will be starting to apply for graduate jobs come august/semptember and would appreciate a heads up on any opportunities you know of.

Advertisement