Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fulham FA Cup 6th Round

Options
  • 04-03-2010 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Saturday 5pm on ITV and Setanta

I'd Like to see
    Gomes
    Corluka--Dawson--Bassong--BAE

Kranjcar--Palacios--Modric--Bale

Pav--Defoe

I think it's going to be a seriously tough match and we could see another replay alhough we desperately need to avoid it unless palacios picks up a yellow then we'd be only missing him for the blackburn and replay matches.

Also Livermore needs to have some input in this match if he hopes to step up we have to see what he can do in a really competitive match like this.

Jermaine Jenas underwent groin surgery in Germany on Wednesday.

The surgeon was pleased with how the procedure went and has indicated that the England international will make a swift recovery.

Meanwhile, Tom Huddlestone will continue to receive treatment after damaging ankle ligaments in Sunday's win against Everton before having a repeat MRI scan in two weeks time to assess the 23-year-old's progress.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭cup of tea

Fulham fan here...reckon it will be a tight game.I think we have to take ye at the cottage.I think ye will beat us if ye get a draw and take us back to the Lane.

Schwartzer
    Baird--Hughes--Hangeland--Shorey

Davies--Ethutu--Murphy--Duff

Gera

Zamora

I reckon thats how we will line out.Huddlestone is a big loss for ye.We are unbeaten in 8(5 of which we have won) and this is the longest break we have had in over a month.I can see it being a very close game but hopefully we'll be able to knick it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i think spurs will win this one to be honest. dont know will we see bale on the left wing, he may play liver more in the centre and luca on the left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

A tough tough game, they more than matched us there in the league. I think we can nick it if pav continues his goal scoring form.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Very tough game, especially with us looking weak in the centre without Thudd. Pav has been in great form though so hopefully that'll continue and we'll nick a win.

1 - 2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Would take a draw and replay now if you offered it to me.

• Advertisement

defoe is a concern now. ham string

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

mickman wrote: »
    defoe is a concern now. ham string
    I wouldn't mind seeing him rested for this match to be honest and have him fit for next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Emoran

would be nice to see spurs in 4th place and a semi-final of the cup:D
    an F.A cup and 5th or 6th place wouldnt be too bad maybe get a chance to see them in the Aviva stadium for the 2011 final;)
    harry should start pav and eidur/crouch and if need be throw defoe on for 20-30 minutes if he's fit and if he's badly needed! him being injured would be a terrible blow to the many we already have!
    i think we need to start thinking more positively... were missing 9 first/good squad players and were currently in 4th and have a decent chance to stay there at least as good as the other 3 competing? its ours to lose no?
    and a quarter final in the Cup? were playing some great ball at times and horrible at others but things are improving alot:D
    COYS

There saying on goal that bale picked up a knee injury on international duty anyone able to confirm this? Is he a doubt for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

There saying on goal that bale picked up a knee injury on international duty anyone able to confirm this? Is he a doubt for tomorrow?

Yes he picked up a slight knock but nothing serious, he wil start tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Would take a draw and replay now if you offered it to me.
    So would I with the injury list we have at the moment,:(

im at my mums house and trying to get itv for this match. when i go to other channels , itv isnt listed, does anyone know how to get this?

im at my mums house and trying to get itv for this match. when i go to other channels , itv isnt listed, does anyone know how to get this?
    What are you using rabbit ears ntl sky?

Ginola's doing the last 4 draw

Try to put in this code it's for UTV.

Frequency 10.906

Polarisation V

Symbol rate 22.000

F.E.C. 5/6

Best of luck,hope it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

looking forward to this one. think fulhm are on a bit of bad streak.

super pav for first goal??

Gomes; Corluka, Bassong, Dawson, Assou-Ekotto;
    Kranjcar, Palacios, Modric, Bale;
    Crouch, Pavlyuchenko.

SUBS - Alnwick, Dervite, Livermore, Rose, Townsend, Gudjohnsen, Defoe.

tippspur wrote: »
    Try to put in this code it's for UTV.

Frequency 10.906

Polarisation V

Symbol rate 22.000

F.E.C. 5/6

Best of luck,hope it works.

there is instructions for this on the main menu too. in usefull links

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055038749

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

No Defoe, no Hudd, no Lennon. I'd take a draw now. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Good pressure here,

We are missing our big guns allot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Poor game so far. Cant see more than one goal in this game. Hope its us that gets it! COYS!

anyone else think crouch and corluka are havin a nightmare?

keane=cock wrote: »
    anyone else think crouch and corluka are havin a nightmare?
    I think Corlukas doing ok nothing special but ok

distribution is poor. giving it away alot i feel. dsappointed byit cos i am a big fan

what a terrible match this was. it was modrics worst match in a spurs shirt, he may as well have a white shirt on in fairness he gave it away so often. palaciuos was superb and got a deserved man of the match.

all the pav fans were given a glimpse of what he can be really like today, woeful touch, falling a lot, didnt care enough about it. ekotto was terrible to day as well, also gave it away a lot and was lucky not to give away a goal. defoe did more in the 5 mins he was on than pav did all day

gomes was solid as a rock as usual. duff hit in a shot and he made a great catch on the dive.

at the end of the day we played at least as well as fulham if not better than them at their ground. we have them back at the lane so we should be ok but man are we missing huddlestone in my opinion. modric is no good in the centre, he has to play on the left and slot bale bak in left back.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

what a terrible match this was. it was modrics worst match in a spurs shirt, he may as well have a white shirt on in fairness he gave it away so often. palaciuos was superb and got a deserved man of the match.

all the pav fans were given a glimpse of what he can be really like today, woeful touch, falling a lot, didnt care enough about it. ekotto was terrible to day as well, also gave it away a lot and was lucky not to give away a goal. defoe did more in the 5 mins he was on than pav did all day.

Jesus, we must watch different games you and I...

I thought apart from the error that they almost scored from BAE was solid, and I forgive him a slip up or two while he's getting back into the hang of things. Does he not get credit for tracking Zamora in the 1st half and getting the ball out from right in front of goals?

Pav suffered today because he didn't have Defoe to partner him, distracting the defence and leaving space for Pav to run into to. We were far too static with the two big men on the pitch, but of the two of them Pav is far better at finding positions for himself. I think today's game is another prime example of how we need to build a team that plays to our strengths, and adjust tactics as players come into/out of the team.

We badly need Lennon and Defoe fit.

Considering the amount of players we had out through injury I thought we done well enough today,I also thought Ekotto had a good game apart from a few balls that he gave away,couple of good saves from Gomes aswell,I'm happy enough to bring them back to the lane.If we're going to make it to Wembley though we're going to do it the hard way with all these replays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

tippspur wrote: »
    Considering the amount of players we had out through injury I thought we done well enough today,I also thought Ekotto had a good game apart from a few balls that he gave away,couple of good saves from Gomes aswell,I'm happy enough to bring them back to the lane.If we're going to make it to Wembley though we're going to do it the hard way with all these replays.
    Happy enough with that result especially considering our injuries. Fulham have a lot of big games coming up including Juve home and away and Man U away too. They've a fairly small squad so hopefully we can take them at the Lane. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 D14Yido

great result for us imo theyll b wrecked come 24th march!Though Bale and Palacios were outstanding, especially palacios, great show by him.. roll on blackburn i say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

lucky enough to get out of it with a draw. i thought bae had a very good game defensively the way he robbed zammora when he was in with that hooked clearance was text book defending not sure about some of his playing across the front of the goal when he should just get it clear.

bale performed well in the left mid position considering he had 2 defenders to beat everytime he was onthe ball,corluka on the other hand had all the time in the world to pick passes but was poor.From an attacking point of view its hard to see how bale can be left out but bae is the better defender by a country mile.

should win the replay.

Advertisement