Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i5\i7 Cooler\Heatsink

• 04-03-2010 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

Are the mounting holes on i5\i7 boards different to that on the socket 775?

I'm looking for a cooler for an i5 board but it has to be mountable via backplate bracket, I don't like the Intel snap on spring loaded fittings on the stock coolers.

Any recommendations?

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Are the mounting holes on i5\i7 boards different to that on the socket 775?

I'm looking for a cooler for an i5 board but it has to be mountable via backplate bracket, I don't like the Intel snap on spring loaded fittings on the stock coolers.

Any recommendations?

-

Yeah they are different,the 1366 backplate I have for the IFX is bigger than my 775 backplate by a fair bit.

I'd say go with the CM Hyper 212+.It comes with a fan and is mounted with a backplate.It's also cheap and preforms well

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=494649

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Deano12345 wrote: »
    Yeah they are different,the 1366 backplate I have for the IFX is bigger than my 775 backplate by a fair bit.

I'd say go with the CM Hyper 212+.It comes with a fan and is mounted with a backplate.It's also cheap and preforms well

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=494649

Cheers Deano,

It says it comes with brackets for socket 1156 but does not mention i5 in its list of supported processors? I take it that's just a misprint?
    Socket 940, Socket 775, Socket 939, Socket 1156, Socket AM2, Socket 1366, Socket AM3
    Processor Compatibility Core i7
    Core 2 Extreme
    Core 2 Quad
    Core 2 Duo
    Pentium
    Celeron
    Phenom II
    Phenom X4
    Phenom X3
    Athlon X2
    Athlon
    Sempron
    Core i7 Extreme Edition

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I have the CM Hyper 212+. and it fits my i5-750 just fine :)
    The actual fan itself is a b*tch to mount onto the heatsink though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I have the CM Hyper 212+. and it fits my i5-750 just fine :)
    The actual fan itself is a b*tch to mount onto the heatsink though

Yep, that seems to be the general consensus from the few reviews I've just read.

WTF do the design engineers be thinking of when they're designing them? They obviously don't actually physically fit them? In front of a CAD machine all day probably :D

-

In front of a CAD machine all day probably :D

-

Judging by how difficult it was to mount my IFX-14,i'd say your right !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=502731

I bought one off adverts last week and its fantastic and whisper quiet and best of all it comes with a mounting bracket and none of that push pin nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

Peglegged wrote: »
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=502731

I bought one off adverts last week and its fantastic and whisper quiet and best of all it comes with a mounting bracket and none of that push pin nonsense

I have one of these myself, very easy to install and much better then any current air cooler, unless you slap on a few 200cfm deltas on to them :)

unless you slap on a few 200cfm deltas on to them :)

What,you'll have to speak up,my hearings not what it used to be :o:rolleyes::D

Advertisement