Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to emigrate for a few months???

Options
  • 04-03-2010 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭

At the moment, I'm working in a job that I absolutely hate and I've applied to go back to college in October. But that just seems too far away because of my job. So, I've been thinking that rather than sitting around here waiting for October to come when I'll get to quit my job, I might as well go away somewhere for the few months and work.

I reckon the best thing I could do is teach English. The only thing though is that I need to go somewhere where I will actually come back with money.

So, any ideas where I could go?? I was thinking of Japan or Korea, or maybe Dubai. All suggestions greatly appreciated!! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Have you a degree. And TEFL/Celta qualification.

Not much need for English teachers in Dubai. Most people speak English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

OZ or NZ

coldwood92 wrote: »
    OZ or NZ

Too far away and expensive to get there. The Op wouldn't save any money between now and October, which is what s/he needs to do.

Most english teaching jobs are contracts of 6 months or a year. So that won't suit either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Doop

There always looking for people in China to teach English, met loads of ppl who were doing it / had done it, while I was travelling round there, might the same prob tho 1yr contact thingy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

aran islands? teach the natives a thing or two :)

• Advertisement

Panda wrote: »
    aran islands? teach the natives a thing or two :)

The natives would teach YOU a thing or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

kraggy wrote: »

Hopefully they would help me to improve my gaeilge, i'd like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Vietnams another option for the teaching english option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

kraggy wrote: »
    The natives will teach you irish

Advertisement