Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Bus route 48N Route?

• 04-03-2010 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone know the exact route the 48N takes.
    I live in churchtown, and the Dublinbus website says it serves churchtown, but it doesnt give any indication of where exactly it goes.
    Don't wanna get on the bus to discover im miles away from where i need to be!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Hi,
    Anyone know the exact route the 48N takes.
    I live in churchtown, and the Dublinbus website says it serves churchtown, but it doesnt give any indication of where exactly it goes.
    Don't wanna get on the bus to discover im miles away from where i need to be!

48N goes from College Street, via Nassau Street, Kildare Street, and then follows the 48A route from St. Stephen's Green through Ranelagh, Milltown, Dundrum, Ballinteer, Broadford, and then via Nutgrove Way around Nutgrove Shopping Centre and then left onto Nutgrove Avenue to terminate at the Yellow House in Rathfarnham.

Closest points to Churchtown are Dundrum LUAS bridge and Nutgrove Shopping Centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

the dublin bus website has a nifty feature now to show you where each stop is exactly located. Click the "View stops in Google Maps" option
    for the 46a it works spot on (but not 46n)
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/46a/

Bravo to Dublin Bus for finally bringing the locations of their bus stops into the public domain!!

Publishing the local guides would have also been a nice addition to the website (for people who aren't in central Dublin to go to O Connell st and pick one up in person), but i suspect that they only own the rights to the maps in paper form and cannot publish them online.

Advertisement