If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best price for 42" TV including Delivery

Options
  • 04-03-2010 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,
    A query for my dear old mother ... she's got her heart set on a 42" LG LCD TV and very nearly impulse purchased one in Curry's the other day for €599 (Im not sure what model #) ... anyhow I told her to hang off for a while. This will be a replacement for her last impulse purchase of a 32" DGM LCD TV approx 2.5yrs ago which is a terrible TV !!!

Ive looked in Powercity last night (Fonthill Branch) and spotted the following LG's and models (all 42")
    PQ2000 - €569
    LH3000 - €599
    LF2500 - €599
    Obviously all of them are marked "Massive reductions" etc but the different specs etc are a bit confusing.

The TV is required for TV / DVD viewing - not gaming or anything (She's over 70 !!!) .

Looking to see if she can do better with you guys for a well spec'd 42" LG (or Im open to suggestions - Samsung etc) including Delivery to Celbridge Co. Kildare and not necessarily in the €599 bracket ?
    Any idea's ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi RayCon

Can I suggest the Philips 42PFL5604H?
    http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/42pfl5604h_12_pss_eng.pdf

Has everything a 70 year old would need. (Good to see she's into BIG TV's:))
    Enough inputs to cover SKY/NTL boxes via SCART and 3 HDMI inputs, VGA and USB - so when she gets into Blu Ray or XBOX shes covered!

I'll pm you a price.

We have these instore and you can call on in and check it out if you like

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mp3kid

Im also interested in a 42" Lcd from richersounds.

What recommendations can you make ?

The only stipulation is ANYTHING BUT PHILIPS !

USB/AVI playback would be a nice feature - from researching i have found there to be issues with the AVI playback on philips models and the lack of answers / support has soured the brand for me.

Samsung / Sony / Panansonic / LG what can you recommend ?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

RayCon wrote: »
    Afternoon all,
    A query for my dear old mother ... she's got her heart set on a 42" LG LCD TV and very nearly impulse purchased one in Curry's the other day for €599 (Im not sure what model #) ... anyhow I told her to hang off for a while. This will be a replacement for her last impulse purchase of a 32" DGM LCD TV approx 2.5yrs ago which is a terrible TV !!!

Ive looked in Powercity last night (Fonthill Branch) and spotted the following LG's and models (all 42")
    PQ2000 - €569
    LH3000 - €599
    LF2500 - €599
    Obviously all of them are marked "Massive reductions" etc but the different specs etc are a bit confusing.

The TV is required for TV / DVD viewing - not gaming or anything (She's over 70 !!!) .

Looking to see if she can do better with you guys for a well spec'd 42" LG (or Im open to suggestions - Samsung etc) including Delivery to Celbridge Co. Kildare and not necessarily in the €599 bracket ?
    Any idea's ?

Ray,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - I have been away most of last week and I'm just trying to work my way through all my mails / posts & PM now :rolleyes: .

If you are looking for a good 42" I can highly recommend the 42 LH3000 at £499.95 / €569.99 or if you have space for a biggie - I can do a special on the supremely sexy 50PQ6000 which I can do at a crazy £599.95!

Keep me posted if any of the above are of interest and again apologies for the delay getting back to you..

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭RayCon

Hi John and Ash ... thanks for the replies ... I will talk to her about the LG 42 LH3000 at £499.95 / €569.99 - although with delivery from Belfast , this might work out more expensive than Powercity .. no ?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

RayCon wrote: »
    Hi John and Ash ... thanks for the replies ... I will talk to her about the LG 42 LH3000 at £499.95 / €569.99 - although with delivery from Belfast , this might work out more expensive than Powercity .. no ?

Ray,

PM sent Nudge Nudge ;);)

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.