Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Two More Call of Dutys On The Way

• 04-03-2010 4:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/107/1073468p1.html

A title coming this Autumn and another next year. I'm guessing next year being a continuation of MW and this Autumn something akin to World At War. Article mentions a move into action adventure territory, I for one would love to see a Call Of Duty entry that moves further than just another shooter!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

This includes looking at "high-margin digital online content" and taking the series to "new geographies, new genres and with new digital business models.

Do you fancy paying Activision €10 per month to play a COD FPS MMO ? That's where they are heading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Not to mention Call of duty: world tour, call of duty: metallica, call of duty: wrath of the lich terrorist, call of dance party: modern ballroom etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

This is hardly news tbh, The next COD game was announce before MW2 was released. Tryarch or whatever they are, are finished with WW2 so the next COD, the one out later this year will be set in 'Nam or a fictional Cold War conflict. Infinity Ward said they want to do something different and the new 3rd developer brought in is to carry on the MW series while IW reform and work on their new killer app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

I actually can't wait for the Call of Duty Dj Hero edition :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

How does that work?? You ride around a warzone in a modified Humvee, blasting out beats to try pacify the upset locals, and get scored based on how few IED's are set in your path......I would play it for a laugh :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

This is hardly news tbh, The next COD game was announce before MW2 was released. Tryarch or whatever they are, are finished with WW2 so the next COD, the one out later this year will be set in 'Nam or a fictional Cold War conflict. Infinity Ward said they want to do something different and the new 3rd developer brought in is to carry on the MW series while IW reform and work on their new killer app.

Thought there'd been other news alright but IGN seemed to think it was a big deal so I was thinking this was a new confirmation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Do you fancy paying Activision €10 per month to play a COD FPS MMO ? That's where they are heading.

10 a month?! Im a big cod fan but I wouldnt even pay 5 a month tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    10 a month?! Im a big cod fan but I wouldnt even pay 5 a month tbh
    €10 was just plucked out of the sky.

It's no secret that they're going to focus on supporting their games more and more with DLC which has nominal overheads and reaps in massive amounts of profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

They're gonna run it into the ground, just like the "Musical Instrument or Profession Hero" games...silly plundering Activision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Mr. K wrote: »
    They're gonna run it into the ground, just like the "Musical Instrument or Profession Hero" games...silly plundering Activision.
    Its all about the quick wins, they are going to use the name "Call of Duty" to sell that crap as fast as they can, while people still assoicate it with a good game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,911 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    How does that work?? You ride around a warzone in a modified Humvee, blasting out beats to try pacify the upset locals, and get scored based on how few IED's are set in your path......I would play it for a laugh :p

If you hit the wrong button you put on Robbie Williams and all hell breaks out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

"A new Call of Duty title that will "extend the franchise into the action-adventure genre."

God of (Modern) War!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

"Call of Duty: Bobby Kotick Warfare" allows you to play the part of Activision's handsome macho CEO as he single-handedly storms the Infinity Ward offices and pwns the developers who won't bow down to him. Out soon in a special edition for €129.99 which includes a giant plastic machine gun of absolutely no use."

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

oceanclub wrote: »
    "Call of Duty: Bobby Kotick Warfare" allows you to play the part of Activision's handsome macho CEO as he single-handedly storms the Infinity Ward offices and pwns the developers who won't bow down to him. Out soon in a special edition for €129.99 which includes a giant plastic machine gun of absolutely no use."

P.

For €129.999 I would have thought it came with a giant plastic cock to f**k yourself up the ass with.....it is an Activison game after all :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

am i the only one that would play a COD: 'nam game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

am i the only one that would play a COD: 'nam game?

Only if it was done with the sensitivity and tact that Infinity Ward are known for.

(I can only imagine Bobby Kotick urging them to create a "No Vietnamese" level where your character has to take part in a mass rape.)

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ce-ce-ce-ce-ce-care package on the way
    I say care package on the way

Advertisement