Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: bloody & violent game

Options
  • 04-03-2010 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Nothing beats the stress more, IMO, than kicking back listening to some metal, and killing stuff. Unfortunately, I've ran out of violent video games. Want something as bloody and violent as possible, some sort of plot, and made within the last 3 years.

Oh, and GTA isn't violent. Fun yes, but not that violent. Good for getting chased by the cops when you beat the sh|t out of some randomer in the middle of the street with a baseball bat.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Painkiller?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Gears of War - Chainsaw Gun.

Manhunt? It's crap though.

Resident Evil 5

Condemned

The Saw Game

Fallout 3 - you can unlock something that makes enemies explode when you kill them. You can also shoot off heads and such.

Dead Space - Dismember enemies to kill them

Dead Rising - Lawnmower/chainsaw/giant lipstick a load of zombies to death.

Hope that helps... you lunatic :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Buy a Wii and a copy of The Godfather. You'll spend so long beating hookers and gangsters to death using the wiimote as a virtual baseball bat, your arm will physically ache. The ache is worth it, though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Clive Barker's Jericho

It's pretty gory and violent. Worst ending in gaming history though.

Gameplay is alright though. I actually enjoyed a few of the sections (playing as Frank Delgado)

In my opinion though, they nuked the fridge with the amount of gore in it. I mean after half an hour of squelching through level after level where the walls, floor and ceilings are covered in entrails, blood and bodies you become immune to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Hello Kitty Online Adventure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Any of the Soldier of Fortune games.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Condemned 1/2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Buy a Wii...

...and pick up a copy of Madworld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Yup. Dead Rising seems like the logical choice. I mean, the game has a mode where you have to kill zombies non-stop for 14 hours ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Buy a Wii and a copy of The Godfather. You'll spend so long beating hookers and gangsters to death using the wiimote as a virtual baseball bat, your arm will physically ache. The ache is worth it, though...

I forgot about that game since I sold my wii., Imcredibly good fun. Grabbing people and chucking them around is so satisfying. I actually want my wii back now and I never thought I'd say that :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

You ever seen this?

BTW, her song reviews are pretty good, although she hasn't done any new ones in a while

http://www.gamepeople.co.uk/rebeccamayes.htm

Ok she's moved here:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/rebecca-mayes-muses

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Otacon wrote: »

This.

10000 times this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Postal 2

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

America's 10 most wanted lol Kicking the **** out of Osama was never so much fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Otacon wrote: »

Thirded
    Gory, mad as a bag of cats and actually GOOD unlike most of the other suggestions here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 BaelNaMblath

If you own a Wii, MadWorld is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Kingpin, if you're feeling a little bit retro. Unlike more modern games, the language is very very raw, even by todays standards. Soundtrack is metal heavy trip-hop, provided by Cypress Hill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

painkiller

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Last generation console games (PS2/Xbox) but definatly playable.

Advertisement