Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are any of the butler's or lindt dark choc bars vegan

Options
  • 04-03-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

want to send some choc to american relatives for st patricks day and thought of these brands

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

It's up to you. Milk etc. will have been used on their manufacturing line. Now that line would have been 'cleaned' before making the dark choc, but traces may still be present, though it is not listed as an ingredient, hence the packets usually read "may contain traces of...".

I'd recommend Plamil Chocolate (especially the orange and mint bars) as they pride themselves with being dairy free and vegan. see: http://www.plamilfoods.co.uk/products/ You can buy them in most stores like Holland and Barrett and Nourish.

Personally, I am a vegan but don't mind having Bulters or Lindt - Bulters are far superior in taste so I'd recommend them over Lindt. Their dark choc and orange is yum! And they do a plain dark choc too.

Bulters bars I'd recommend (as containing no milk in ingredients):
    Butlers 100g Dark Chocolate Bar with Orange and Almond
    Butlers 100g 70% Dark Chocolate Bar
    Organic 70% Dark Chocolate Bars

You'd have to check the ingredients of the following because I've never looked:
    Organic 70% Dark Chocolate Bar with Ginger
    Dark Chocolate Almond Praline Bar (75g)
    Dark Chocolate Mint Truffle Bar (75g)
    Dark Chocolate Jameson Whiskey Truffle Bar (75g)
    (see: http://www.butlerschocolates.com/chocolate-gifts/Chocolate-Bars/4.htm )

Advertisement