Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wood from Coillte

• 04-03-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭

Has anyone got wood from Coillte to turn into firewood? If so can you give me an idea as to how many cubic metres it converted into when you cut and split it.

Please indicate who much you got (25 tonne or 40 ft load) and what this converted into when cut and split. Any photos would be good too.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

Hi I got some last year, they sell it by the cubic metre for about €26, it was about 10 ft lengths took me ages to hall it all with my little trailer, threy wouldn't let me saw it in the forest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

They quoted me 1000 euro for a 25 ton load. I didn't go ahead with it as I got wood elsewhere. Thought it was a little expensive. I would buy it and draw it myself with jeep and trailer if I could get it locally, I didn't think they would let me do that. I must contact them again and see if they have anything locally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

Its a pitty its so hard to get a bulk load of timber , im due to get a load in the next 6 months , i got chatting to one of the artic drives a few weeks ago at cafe , ask him for a load if he ever got some time " nixer " around 800 delivered , realy want to get hardwood but its in short supply might have to wait a bit longer for it .
    Collite couldnt be arsed , i know plenty of people that would take an artic load at a realisable price .
    With the rescession firewood seems to be the new thing .
    But its great to have the heat from timber not oil or gas .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

teepee wrote: »
    Its a pitty its so hard to get a bulk load of timber , im due to get a load in the next 6 months , i got chatting to one of the artic drives a few weeks ago at cafe , ask him for a load if he ever got some time " nixer " around 800 delivered , realy want to get hardwood but its in short supply might have to wait a bit longer for it .
    Collite couldnt be arsed , i know plenty of people that would take an artic load at a realisable price .
    With the rescession firewood seems to be the new thing .
    But its great to have the heat from timber not oil or gas .

Coillte will have a load to you within a week. Just look on their website for the harvesting manager in your area, give him a call and he will arrange the delivery. There's no delay with it. Whether the price is keen or not, I don't know. I don't know how many cubic meters are in a load for €1000. Can anyone enlighten me?

Advertisement