Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can somebody please help me on the posting rules here

Options
  • 04-03-2010 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I just started with boards today. I am a travel consultant working for an agency in cork. All the staff are going to be giving our recommendations tips and advice with people for travel all over the world. On my first 2 posts i added a link back to a relevent on our site for the topic that i was takling about. This was first a trip I took in patagonia and the second was a safari i was on in africa. So I put a link back to the relevent page on our site so peolpe could get more info, is that allowed?

Then on the third post which makes sence to me now i just put 4 links to our sites without discussing anything or giving any recommendations. This i totally understand.

I am just lost at whether your allowed to add a link to a relevent page of yours if the comment you are posting is directly related to the link,

Can someone who knows this stuff please let me know.

Cheers
    Cathal

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

When you signed up to Boards you agreed to the following as part of the terms and conditions:
    Please do not join these forums just to promote yourself, your website, your company or your fabulous products and services, this will simply annoy and alienate the users and will most likely result in your posts being removed and possibly your user account.

Now, looking through your posts I can see the following:

- A thread started by you about travel in Patagonia, with a link back to the front page of your website, not, as you stated a link to a relevant page on the site.

- A thread started by you about African safaris, together with a poll asking if people would be interest in such a holiday, presumably for market research purposes.

- Finally a thread started by yourself with links to all the companies in the travel247 group which by your own admission was wrong.

However, what you fail to recognise is that the first two threads are in breach of the rules as well and they too have been deleted. You weren't responding to queries from anyone in the forum, you were merely posting to advertise your company, regardless of whether you posted relevant links or not. Now normally this would earn you an immediate and permanent siteban, but as you've asked for an explanation of the rules I'm doing that instead.

There are a number of options now available to you:

- Carry on posting as you have been and ultimately get sitebanned.

- Stay on as a regular poster but cease posting anything about your company.

- Take out proper banner ads on the site. Please contact sales@boards.ie if this interest you.

- Sign up as an official representative, whereby you'll be given a forum of your own where posters can interact with you should they so choose. There are strict rules associated with this type of account, you can e-mail Darragh at hello@boards.ie for further details.

I hope this clears up any confusion for you.

Advertisement