Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which High Efficiency Gas Boiler

• 04-03-2010 5:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

Hi Posted this in plumbing but maybe it is better here. DIY seems to get loads of imput.
    Looking for any advice.
    My old gas boiler is 20 years old and has given good service.
    Ive had a few problems with it lately however and even though it is not dead and is probably fixable I think it may be an opportune time to go for a new high efficiency gas fired boiler.
    Im aware of the €700 grant available if I include a heating control upgrade and have it put in by a registered plumber.
    If I wait untill next year the grant may be gone so I think Ill take advantage of it while I can.

So my question here is are Baxi boilers ok?
    I think they are installed in quite a few houses in Dublin, so does that popularity mean they are reliable and easy to fix if the need arises?
    Are there any boards members out there who either have a Baxi boiler and can recommend them or who have experience putting them in and servicing them.
    My plumber also recommended a Worchester/Bosch as a good make he also installs.
    So any comments or advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I seen your reply in Plumbing I was surprised you had not received a post... Anyway... Baxi and potterton myson are the same company in that they are both owned by baxi so yes baxi is a good boiler. A lot of the boilers you would be seeing around are standard efficency system boilers by baxi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Thanks for the reply Joey. I think I will probably be going with the Baxi and there have been replies in Plumbing. I was just in a bit of a hurry and wasnt sure if I had posted in the right place.

So anyone else interested in which gas boiler to get theres some interesting replies in the Plumbing section

Advertisement