Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

musgraves supervalu/centra

Options
  • 04-03-2010 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

oh my god musgraves drivers has just being told that after june there be no jobs. my hubbie is one of them. we are all in shock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭be wide of me

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

jesus thats awful, such a shock.

I work in the Cork depot there were rumers of it all week! Sad news indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

I work in the Cork depot there were rumers of it all week! Sad news indeed.
    why didnt ye let galway know?? my husband bent over backwards for them. many late evening in the 9yrs he,s there.ill pm you who he is, are you in the office or truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I worked there years ago, sound bunch of people worked there.

Very bad news for Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I was wondering why I saw Jim Fahy setting up camp opposite Flemmings on the Tuam Road earlier. Commiserations, blond45, and I hope your husband is seen right with redundancy and finds another job.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I worked there years ago, sound bunch of people worked there.

Very bad news for Galway.
    they are brilliant lads.they are all in shock .

Robbo wrote: »
    I was wondering why I saw Jim Fahy setting up camp opposite Flemmings on the Tuam Road earlier. Commiserations, blond45, and I hope your husband is seen right with redundancy and finds another job.
    how did rte know before everyone else. top nobs in there al knew bout it and tiped them of id say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Sorry to hear that. They're a nice bunch of people to deal with in the Galway depot.

blond45 wrote: »
    why didnt ye let galway know?? my husband bent over backwards for them. many late evening in the 9yrs he,s there.ill pm you who he is, are you in the office or truck.

Im in the Cork Warehouse I only heard a rumour of it on Monday in work and didn't know anything more until I read of a meeting in the local paper. Checked online and put up the link to the article!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Robbo wrote: »

Thats terrible news. Jim Fahy is the bad news merchant during these times. Once you see him in your area, you know some bad news is going to break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I work in the Cork depot there were rumers of it all week!
    why didnt ye let galway know??

And that would have helped you how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭unJustMary

Blond45, my sympathies, hope your husband can find another job, or gets a move to Kildare.

To be fair, it's actually better that the announcement to staff and the media is well managed: can you imagine how bad it would be if a staff member heard, and shortly afterwards met a journalist who didn't know. And as soon as staff get out of the meeting where they're told, they start ringing mates in other companies and/or recruiters: it can be really messy if stories get into the newspapers this way rather than by having the official version. So of course top management need to know, and to issue embargoed information to the press.

And it's not good for staff in other branches to pass on rumours either: if the rumours are untrue, they can destroy a perfectly good busineess for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Shocking news, i have 2 cousins and a near neighbour working there.

unJustMary wrote: »
    Blond45, my sympathies, hope your husband can find another job, or gets a move to Kildare.

To be fair, it's actually better that the announcement to staff and the media is well managed: can you imagine how bad it would be if a staff member heard, and shortly afterwards met a journalist who didn't know. And as soon as staff get out of the meeting where they're told, they start ringing mates in other companies and/or recruiters: it can be really messy if stories get into the newspapers this way rather than by having the official version. So of course top management need to know, and to issue embargoed information to the press.

And it's not good for staff in other branches to pass on rumours either: if the rumours are untrue, they can destroy a perfectly good busineess for nothing.
    no one is going up there for a job. they have familys . anyway they herd that the dublin depot cheerd ' hurray ' when got toldabout galway. not nice is it.
    some knew at 2pm. way before the drivers did. rte website had it on before that cos one of the lads brother foned him to ask him why didnt he tell him , he lives in germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

no one is going up there for a job. they have familys . anyway they herd that the dublin depot cheerd ' hurray ' when got toldabout galway. not nice is it.
    some knew at 2pm. way before the drivers did. rte website had it on before that cos one of the lads brother foned him to ask him why didnt he tell him , he lives in germany.

blond45 Unlucky. Liddle to be doin good deals this weather you might want to start shoppin there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭biscuits1981

no one is going up there for a job

blond how u know no one is going up there i know for a fact that there is people going up there and i work there thats how i know.....

are you single? any kids? one of the drivers? are you aware they jeer,d and laughed when galway is closing.what ever your position you had in galway you will lose it up there. wish you/ or who ever does go very good luck:):)

Clemon wrote: »
    blond45 Unlucky. Liddle to be doin good deals this weather you might want to start shoppin there
    ive started going in to liddle. not a hope in hell will i fund supervalu again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭biscuits1981

are you single? any kids? one of the drivers? are you aware they jeer,d and laughed when galway is closing.what ever your position you had in galway you will lose it up there. wish you/ or who ever does go very good luck:):)

single no.. kids no.. driver no... you dont know that we will lose what ever poition we have now cause they are still in talks about it.. jeerin thats up to them there has never been any loyalty between all the sites in cork and kilcock... going to kilcock wouldnt suit the drivers cause they would have to drive up then hop in a lorry go driving then drive home and the way things are here with jobs we might have no choice but to go but hopefully it will work out for us all... including ur husband and the end of the day i am in the same boat as him

• Advertisement
Advertisement