Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Know of the biggest event centres in the city?

Options
  • 04-03-2010 6:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭

Hi
    Im Looking to know what would be the biggest event centre, or hotel function room, that would hold 1000+ capacity in the city? any info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

Thomond Park conference suite, Southcourt Hotel and what was the Castletroy Park should certainly meet your needs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭mikey1

phog wrote: »
    Thomond Park conference suite, Southcourt Hotel and what was the Castletroy Park should certainly meet your needs.

Thanks alot, Iv looked at them but they dont seem to be what im looking for, they are to small , the southcourt seemed promising but they dont even have an email or telephone contact on their site to source more photos, shocking!

If any more come to mind from yourself or any other people on here from the area it would be great to here from them! Searched loads already but just cant seem to find anything!

Thanks again
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

the UL concert hall and UL arena are two huge spaces. what exactly are you looking for.

the conference centre in the Shannon Shamrock is on the big side aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

the UL concert hall and UL arena are two huge spaces. what exactly are you looking for.

Shannon Shamrock is closed up a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 24,310 ✭✭✭✭phog

The Southcourt hotel held a PD confernce in the days when the PDs had a large membership, I would have thought that they could host 1000.

What seating arrangements do you want.

I think the conference suite manager's number is 061 487428, not sure it's a long time since I booked it.

The Suite in TP looks massive, events@thomondpark.ie

Has the Strand or Clarion Hotels any confernce facilities?

If a hall would do how about St. John's pavillion????

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭mikey1

Shannon Shamrock is closed up a while now
    phog wrote: »
    The Southcourt hotel held a PD confernce in the days when the PDs had a large membership, I would have thought that they could host 1000.

What seating arrangements do you want.

I think the conference suite manager's number is 061 487428, not sure it's a long time since I booked it.

The Suite in TP looks massive, events@thomondpark.ie

Has the Strand or Clarion Hotels any confernce facilities?

If a hall would do how about St. John's pavillion????

Hey

Thanks very much to each of you for your help its very much appreciated, I have a great venue there in the UL arena im sure.

All the best
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Is it for a Moonies Mass Wedding?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

The South Court is the only hotel that will host more than 1,000 people. If you're seating more than that for dinner, they will have to split it over 2 or 3 rooms.

Make sure you taste all food in advance, when we hosted the Grad Ball there we had to force the point that we wanted NO SALT put on the food before serving, as this is their main way of preserving it. They can do great, but they need to be forced.

Advertisement