Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaeilge - Ard

Options
  • 04-03-2010 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

So just wondering how long your essays are in higher level irish. I get the whole quantity vs. quality debate, but on general how long would an A1 essay be. Mine are generally around 2 pages and a quarter, I'm getting A's but I don't know whether that will be sufficient for the leaving cert.

Also paper two questions how much are you guys writing?

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

yourmother wrote: »
    So just wondering how long your essays are in higher level irish. I get the whole quantity vs. quality debate, but on general how long would an A1 essay be. Mine are generally around 2 pages and a quarter, I'm getting A's but I don't know whether that will be sufficient for the leaving cert.

Also paper two questions how much are you guys writing?

Thanks in advance :D

We need 600 words for a HL a1 essay. You must have small writing, I get 600 words in about 2.75/3 pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Rossie17 wrote: »
    We need 600 words for a HL a1 essay. You must have small writing, I get 600 words in about 2.75/3 pages.

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Our teachers makes us write 4 A4's, yet I only ever get B3's.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

Ya my writing is small - about 13 words per line. But, I still think I probably need to up the standard will make myself be more productive and try the 3-4 pages from now on!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I'd say 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 pages, that's what I always wrote and it worked well for me in the Leaving Cert.

For paper 2 the rule I always followed was 12 marks=1 page. So a 20 mark question would be 1 3/4 pages, a 6 mark filíocht question would be 1/2 a page srl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

The amount you have to write to get 6 marks is ridiculous

*feels sorry for self*

Ah well :)

Advertisement