Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bio Sewerage systems Costs

Options
  • 04-03-2010 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Hello Folks

Need to get a bio sewerage system in the coming weeks.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of cost and which one is best to buy ?
    I am baffled with the range of systems on the go, do not know much about them

House consists of 3 people in it.

One guy quoted me a price of 5000 euro for an oakstown one and that included him fitting it .

I was also told that similar systems could be bought in Northern Ireland for a lot cheaper than the euro price. Anyone any experience or knowledge of whats on offer up north but just as effective as the systems on offer down here ?

Any help or prices greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭kboc

look up klargester, they do it in north. I have a contact number for a sales rep in north west i could pm to you if this would help. i was quoted £3500 for a system for 8 people and will leave the water on the out flow at "drinking water level", if you wanted to!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Hi Andrew
    Balmoral in Scotland do a very good system, I can PM you the reps details in the west if you want.

CC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Thanks for the replies, going to keep doing some research on this and make a decision shortly on which one to go with

Getting very advice off people and Oakstown system seems to be the one all keep telling me to go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

Also quoted for Oakstown system. 4500 which included installation but not construction of percolation area so maybe haggle a bit with that guy.
    Was my preferred system but the electrical running costs of 2kwh per day(very roughly €240 per year i think, though maybe night rate might be cheaper, have to check if it can run on it.)

Have also same price of 4500 for a biorock system which has no electrical running costs or moving parts.
    Seems very new so no idea whether its good or not. Though purely on it's own blurb i'd consider it.

Regards,

C.

Advertisement