Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2010, tips, hunchs and dead certs?

Options
  • 04-03-2010 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

right lets get crackin on this, make evry1 rich

any tips for big and short price alike

good feelings, well handicapped, decent form? let us know??

best bets for the week?

yankees, lucky 15's etc what you think?

de buzz is startin to build, lets make it a good 1 this year

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

dunguib is a dead cert

tranqiul sea is another good one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭deewhy

We could try and agree a lucky 15 for each day. Actually pick 2 a win and each way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

deewhy wrote: »
    We could try and agree a lucky 15 for each day. Actually pick 2 a win and each way.

For some reason I don't really think so!!

As with the majority of people I reckon Tuesday will be the best day for the Irish (winners wise) and therefore the probably the best day for Irish punters.

A lot of this is subject to Dunguib coming in as some people nearly have the house on him.

My advice would be to follow the Irish on day one (we could possibly have 4 winners on Tuesday).

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭gandroid

I've a good feeling about Nenuphar Collonges in the William Hill, great course form, not a bad weight and should run well at a big price. Each way of course.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Captain Cee Bee for the Arkle.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭corny

Tidal Bay for the World Hurdle.

Shane732 wrote: »
    For some reason I don't really think so!!

For some reason, I thought that would be the reply!!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

As with the majority of people I reckon Tuesday will be the best day for the Irish (winners wise) and therefore the probably the best day for Irish punters.

A lot of this is subject to Dunguib coming in as some people nearly have the house on him.

My advice would be to follow the Irish on day one (we could possibly have 4 winners on Tuesday).

Yeh definitely agree. Last year I had an amazing tuesday, a good wednesday, a bad thursday and a bo***x of a friday!

We have a chance of going through the card on the Tuesday and four winners looks a very reasonable expectation - which would be great!

Dungiub looks likely to win the first for us, we have real live chances of winning the arkle, we could have something sneaky in the william hill (although this looks the toughest of the day), we've some brilliant contenders in the champion hurdle and I'll be extremely surprised if an Irish horse doesnt win the x-county and the mares race!

Going to be a great first day to set us up for Paddy's day!!

Get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pejesus

have a look at this horse and tell me what you all think . im going to back him ew or am i crazy :confused: AATHER

• Advertisement

Yeh definitely agree. Last year I had an amazing tuesday, a good wednesday, a bad thursday and a bo***x of a friday!

We have a chance of going through the card on the Tuesday and four winners looks a very reasonable expectation - which would be great!

Dungiub looks likely to win the first for us, we have real live chances of winning the arkle, we could have something sneaky in the william hill (although this looks the toughest of the day), we've some brilliant contenders in the champion hurdle and I'll be extremely surprised if an Irish horse doesnt win the x-county and the mares race!

Going to be a great first day to set us up for Paddy's day!!

Get in!

I know for me anyway Tuesday almost always determines how the festival is going to go for me...

All the talk about Dunguib is starting to make me wonder just how big I should go in on him. At one stage over the last for days I've considered sitting the race out and hitting the mares race hard instead. I know people say Dunguib's jumping might let him down but when you look at what he's up against it's very hard to make decent cases for any of the others to turn him over. If I was to oppose him I think I'd go with Menorah @ 12/1.

Champion Hurdle should be an Irish win all going well - I just can't decide which one at the moment. Go native should probably have the fire power to win. Although Hennessy is sweet on the chances of Sublimity - ground depending.

Garde Champtre will win the Cross Country and Quevega will win the mares race.

Personally I think Somersby will win the Arkle.

pejesus wrote: »
    have a look at this horse and tell me what you all think . im going to back him ew or am i crazy :confused: AATHER

What horse?!

What horse?!
    the horse is AATHER

other than the Starluck connection with Prendergast - what is the rationale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 TB1809

Drumbaloo has a great chance in the Bumper around 14/1

Have a tenner on him in Celtic and get a free single on any cheltenham race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

TB1809 wrote: »

Hes been talked up at a few of the preview nights and hes gonna have choc thornton on him i think?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Dipped my toe in today...

Triumph Hurdle
    Carlito Brigante @ 5/1 (gonna press up @ 6's tomorrow)

Arkle
    Somersby @ 6/1 My best bet

"Banker" 4-fold
    MM-Dun-BB-KS @ 7.3/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭brandon_flowers

OK my certs are.....
    Dunguib in the Supreme Novices
    Quevaga in the Mares hurdle
    Kauto in the GC

Horses I fancy are
    Weapons Amnesty in the RSA Chase on Wednesday
    Big Zeb (e/w) in the QM
    Sizing Europe in the Arkle (love/hate relationship)
    Cooldine e/w if 12/1 became available

Really looking forward to it now................

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Knobs

Duinguib Banker of festival- He gets beat alot of people going to be in trouble but IMO will win, tank

Captain Cee Bee- like the look of this horse, had Sizing europe down for arkle but think Captain Cee Bee is the one to beat. Has won at chelters before.
    at 6/5 to place on betfair, Big bet here for me

DrumBaloo- Have got good word for this one, win and place bets (Betfair)
    Old Charm-Little Dabble on this one if he goes for bumper, same yard as duinguib

Go Native- My personal choice for CH has beat English hopefulls Binoc and co at newcastle and is going for a 1m bonus if can win this. Has the engine to power up the hill but ill be waiting till the day to back him, see what going is like. Punjabi a livly place bet for me. Pity Hurricane Fly not running would win IMO at his best :mad:

Nina will win Cross country

Quevega for the mares IMO Forecast with Voler la vet

W hill Trophey - Bensalem Place bet for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Long Run in the RSA

Tell Massini in the Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle

Go Native in the Champion Hurdle

Banker Trixie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

Is it only on Drumbaloo or any horse?

Have a ten euros on any cheltenham race and get a free 10 euro single.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭applehunter

Have a ten euros on any cheltenham race and get a free 10 euro single.

The minute you walked in the joint
    I could see you were a
    man of distinction
    a real big spender

I see this is entered for the Imperial Cup on Sat - that would make your bet interesting if it were to win that with the €50k bonus on offer for winning in C'ham. Did you back him for Vincent O'Brien or Supreme Novice?

The minute you walked in the joint
    I could see you were a
    man of distinction
    a real big spender

Perharps I'll rephrase

Have at least 10 eur bet on any Cheltenham race and Ivan will give you a 10 eur free single.http://static.boards.ie/vbulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

I've made 3 bets so far:

100 on Garde Champetre @ 9-4 - Cross Country
    100 on Go Native @ 4-1 - Champion Hurdle
    100 Double on Master Minded @ 4-5 an Kauto Star @ 4-5

I fancy Tranquil Sea in the Ryanair too at around 4-1

Btw Hill's are guaranteeing their prices - if SP is bigger you get SP though they are only NR NB on the top 4 races.

deewhy wrote: »
    I see this is entered for the Imperial Cup on Sat - that would make your bet interesting if it were to win that with the €50k bonus on offer for winning in C'ham. Did you back him for Vincent O'Brien or Supreme Novice?

Im going to back it in the morning for the supreme novice and if dunguib wins il get my money back . its a huge price 66/1

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

Im going to back it in the morning for the supreme novice and if dunguib wins il get my money back . its a huge price 66/1

Aather is almost certainly being aimed at the county hurdle but Ive been looking at the weights and I dont think he'll get in. If he does end up going for the supreme novices ,you wont get 66/1 in the morning!

Aather is almost certainly being aimed at the county hurdle but Ive been looking at the weights and I dont think he'll get in. If he does end up going for the supreme novices ,you wont get 66/1 in the morning!

it's 1000 on BF for the Supreme Nov, must be definite for the County Hurdle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

it's 1000 on BF for the Supreme Nov, must be definite for the County Hurdle

No, thats a realistic assessment of the horses chance in the Sup Nov

Advertisement