Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2010, tips, hunchs and dead certs?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Wait till Monday, go into powers and take the price, there guaranteed
    Will the price be shorter then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Most likely but not by much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Nah it shouldnt be, when it went non runner no bet is when the prices get cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

v c bet?
    Victor chandler

• Registered Users Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Morgans

Morgans wrote: »
    Another Jewel at 25/1 being the best value ew bet of Day 1, by a mile.

Two horses ahead of him in the market miles behind. Scope for improvement, perfect weight. 25/1 is all sorts of wrong. 8/1 shot in my book.

20/1 still available at labrokes but 16s now generally. I still think he should be shorter.

Also taken Watch my Back at 10s yesterday. Him and Alfie Sherrin are the two best handicapped horses of the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

[QUOTE=Morgans;64886665]20/1 still available at labrokes but 16s now generally. I still think he should be shorter.

Also taken Watch my Back at 10s yesterday. Him and Alfie Sherrin are the two best handicapped horses of the week.[/QUOTE]

that looks a great each way bet first 4.

another jewel

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

pejesus wrote: »
    have a look at this horse and tell me what you all think . im going to back him ew or am i crazy :confused: AATHER

Tomorrow will be his day. He's running in the Imperial cup at Sandow and I reckon he's goin to run a cracker! Lump on each way at paddy power who are paying places for the first 5. I'm confident of a career best performance at 8/1

Lads my treble what do ye reckon. All nicholls'
    Kauto Star
    Master Minded
    Tchico Polos today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Whats the story with Peddlers Cross, when are they going to make THAT call ? I think he should take on Dunguib, even if he is beaten (well) at least you know where you stand, whereas I'm not sure about him staying the 2m5 (in the Neptune).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

greetings wrote: »
    Lads my treble what do ye reckon. All nicholls'
    Kauto Star
    Master Minded
    Tchico Polos today
    A treble of all odds on, what sort of comments are you looking for?

• Advertisement

A kiss
    Opinions. Anyone else fancy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭pejesus

Tomorrow will be his day. He's running in the Imperial cup at Sandow and I reckon he's goin to run a cracker! Lump on each way at paddy power who are paying places for the first 5. I'm confident of a career best performance at 8/1

that was a shocking run he was pulled up

Never got into it at all.

20/1 still available at labrokes but 16s now generally. I still think he should be shorter.

16s best now, shorter on BF, and generally 14s. All he has to do now is win. For those who got the nice prices, I would beginning to think of laying off somewhat at single figures.

Just noticed that Stan James have a special market w/o Enda Bolger for which AJ is 8/1. I have availed myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭bit of a bogey

pejesus wrote: »
    that was a shocking run he was pulled up

Twas very disapponting. Never travelled. I suspect something was amiss?

I'm fuming now! Had a good bet on him. Thought he might get pipped alright but I was sure he'd finish in the top 5. Not a good idea lumping on losers the saturday before cheltenham! I say something was wrong with him the fact timmy pulled him up. The winner was a danger tho and continues on the upgrade!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

16s best now, shorter on BF, and generally 14s. All he has to do now is win. For those who got the nice prices, I would beginning to think of laying off somewhat at single figures.

Just noticed that Stan James have a special market w/o Enda Bolger for which AJ is 8/1. I have availed myself.

That's some good advice.

The market w/o Enda is also good advice. Very hard to see him being beaten. His horses left for Cheltenham at 2 this afternoon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 benbanehead

I think Henderson said Andytown goes for The Pertemps Final

wolf moon will go for the pertemps assuming 14 dont declare, otherwise,he ll go to punchestown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Chriskavo

Below is a summary of a recent Cheltenham Preview Night held in Exeter, England :

The Panel was made up of: Paul Nicholls, Andrew King, David Pipe, Harry Findlay, Phillip Hobbs, Paddy Power and was hosted by Zoey Bird.

The evening was started with the Supreme Novices' Hurdle with the whole panel in agreement that DUNGUIB will be very tough to beat. Harry Findlay said he would be backing him as he looks the real deal. Phillip Hobbs noted that MENORAH is a decent horse but maybe not good enough for Dunguib, however the task is always worth taking on. Paul Nicholls said Ghizao won’t run and PEPE SIMO has an outside chance. Andrew King and David Pipe both liked the chances of GET ME OUT OF HERE when looking beyond Dunguib.

The Arkle followed the Supreme Novices and Paddy Power said that the Irish will be looking to roll over their winnings from Dunguib on CAPTAIN CEE BEE although he believes him to be falsely shorter than SIZING EUROPE. Andrew King and Harry Findlay both like CAPTAIN CEE BEE and think he is a strong favourite. Paul Nicholls said he slightly regrets running TATANIANO at Newbury last time and he is a decent ground horse.

Paddy Power started the Champion Hurdle discussion with quotes of 3/1 for DUNGUIB with a run. Zoey Bird asked what GO NATIVE has to do to be favourite and Harry Findlay responded that it all depends on the ground as that horse likes good ground. If the ground is good Andrew King likes the look of STARLUCK each-way. Paul Nicholls went on to say CELESTIAL HALO loves Cheltenham and he looks fabulous at the moment and although he may regret running him at Leopardstown the race looks very open.

We then moved on to the Neptune Investment Management Novices' Hurdle and Paddy Power started by saying that RITE OF PASSAGE has been very well supported. Andrew King and Harry Findlay were in disagreement over REVE DE SIVOLA with the former believing he had a great chance. Paul Nicholls said he may try GHIZAO as the trip is ideal for him and he would have an each-way chance. David Pipe entered the frame by informing us that THE PACKAGE is the only entry he may have and as he stays forever, he has a chance.

Zoey Bird ushered the panel onto the RSA Chase where Paddy Power said they had taken money for LONG RUN. Phillip Hobbs and Andrew King both noted that PUNCHESTOWNS has a very solid chance and that it is between the two Henderson horses. DIAMOND HARRY trainer Nick Williams was in the audience and he said that LONG RUN’s performance in the Feltham is one of the best he has ever seen by a novice. Harry Findlay is worried about the jockey booking but agrees he is a machine.

The whole panel was in agreement that MASTER MINDED will probably win the Champion Chase. Paul Nicholls said he is as well as he was two years ago and he was not right for last year and he still won. Harry Findlay said he is convinced by MASTER MINDED after Ruby Walsh’s work on him last weekend.

In regards to the Ryanair Chase, Paddy Power said that POQUELIN is a popular favourite but Paul Nicholls said if the ground if soft then TRANQUIL SEA has every right to be favourite. He also said POQUELIN has run very well of late even though the ground has been against him. Andrew King said this is BARBERS SHOP ideal trip and he has a good chance. David Pipe likes OUR VIC’s chances if the ground is soft and Harry Findlay likes POQUELIN but it is ground dependent.

For the World Hurdle the whole panel was in agreement again, this time that BIG BUCK'S is the class horse in the race and will win. Paul Nicholls said if he had taken on fences he would have been a Gold Cup horse. Andrew King went on to say the rest of the field are only playing for places. Harry Findlay makes TIDAY BAY second favourite and would have him in a match bet over KARABAK and that BIG BUCK'S looks great at home.

Moving onto the action on Friday we started with the Triumph Hurdle where Zoey started by saying flat form is a must and ADVISOR looks good for Paul Nicholls. Paul agreed and stated they have had a lot of fun with him; he has many similarities to Celestial Halo and is hopeful of a big run. Paddy Power stated CARLITO BRIGANTE should be shorter and Harry Findlay agreed that he cannot see him being outside the top five. The whole panel agreed that a horse needs to be tough to win the Triumph. David Pipe stated NOTUS DE LA TOUR has impressed him.

The Gold Cup was the final event next on the agenda and was started with Paul Nicholls stating What A Friend won’t run. Paul went on to say he is very happy with KAUTO STAR and he showed great form at Kempton. He also cannot believe some people are writing DENMAN off. Harry Findlay said he has seen KAUTO STAR and as a short priced punter would like him. He said Paul has done a great job to get DENMAN ready once again but KAUTO STAR will probably be at his best again and will be hard to beat. He also said COOLDINE should not be favourite without the big two and he would lay that. Phillip Hobbs said KAUTO STAR is the obvious choice whereas Andrew King stated it depends on the ground as if it gets boggy he would look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Scoobydooo

One of the lads from the gambling forum has a cheltenham tipping competition on over there, could be a bitta craic just made my selections for day one there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 pimpmyace

Scoobydooo wrote: »
    One of the lads from the gambling forum has a cheltenham tipping competition on over there, could be a bitta craic just made my selections for day one there

you gota link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

Was told last night that Ruby will be on Fionnegas in the Albert Bartlet on Friday and not on Enterprise Park. Anyone else heard this ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    Was told last night that Ruby will be on Fionnegas in the Albert Bartlet on Friday and not on Enterprise Park. Anyone else heard this ??

This would stun me

Although the fact Quel Esprit is running in the Neptune and Fionnegas in the 3 miler, and not the other way round, has already shocked me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

This would stun me

Although the fact Quel Esprit is running in the Neptune and Fionnegas in the 3 miler, and not the other way round, has already shocked me!

Guy who told me works for the Irish Examiner and said thats the word in there.I know Ruby does write an article for them but i find it hard to believe myself. Anyway just checking to see if anyone else heard this!

Double on Khyber Kim and Another Jewel to win.

Double and Trixie on Tranquil Sea, Wishful Thinking, Drumbaloo to win too.

Hope something good comes out of it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Scoobydooo

pimpmyace wrote: »
    you gota link

Sorry mate, heres a link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055854347

I didnt like the way Garde Champetre ran last time out, even if it was over hurdles. I thought his class would have kept him in the race for longer. Also, the last banks race at Punchestown enda bolgers horses ran deplorably. All finishing out with the washing, including Heads on the ground.

Garde Champetre has been a great winner for me on these fences. (i would have gone back over conventional fences earlier as he would have been properly handicapped to win a big one once his spark was back) And I would like to see him win if I wasnt going to get financially involved. I just dont think he is in nearly the same form as before.

And the fact that its a handicap not a championship race also makes it increasingly harder for the horse.

I think there are lots of alternatives, and I think GC could go off way too short.

Another Jewel at 25/1 being the best value ew bet of Day 1, by a mile.

http://www.attheraces.com/VideoConsole/?va=PUN_2010_01_31_01_1255&vaff=24

Two horses ahead of him in the market miles behind. Scope for improvement, perfect weight. 25/1 is all sorts of wrong. 8/1 shot in my book.

Hope anyone who did back him did so each way. Not enamoured with teh way he was ridden. Asked to do a lot of work quickly, but winner was one I was frightened of at longer prices and probably wouldnt have made any difference. I had classed the winner as a bit of a dog I had discounted him as a professional loser. Good young jokcey on the winner. Hope too many of the Bolger fans didnt get too badly burnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Hope anyone who did back him did so each way. Not enamoured with teh way he was ridden. Asked to do a lot of work quickly, but winner was one I was frightened of at longer prices and probably wouldnt have made any difference. I had classed the winner as a bit of a dog I had discounted him as a professional loser. Good young jokcey on the winner. Hope too many of the Bolger fans didnt get too badly burnt

Scorched :mad:

Had a few euries EW on another jewel though but that doesnt ease any of my pain :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭podsieboy

well from my selections today had a first second and a nowhere haha
    thank god for menorah had a good cut on him
    same for kyber kim then i chickened out of the cross counrty and didnt get burnt to badly:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Mick gavin

The midnight Club Tomorrow at 1.30 ew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Im going to be on Schindlers Hunt for tomorrows 2.40 Ryanair Chase.Hes a 10/1 shot,Im going 25euro E/W!
    Get on em,get on em large!!:cool:

My Cheltenham '10 success so far:
    day1- Another Jewel 14/1 came 4th:D

day2-Forpadydeplasterer 10/1 came 2nd:D

I had a few losers along with these but thats the way it goes,at least Im still in the green..just about!;)

Advertisement