Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why the extra charge?

Options
  • 04-03-2010 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭

I am not complaining because I am happy with the products and could have refused them when they arrived or had a refund if I was not happy. And I know they can charge what they like. Just wondered what you guys thought

I ordered 2 products which were displayed on the website of a company through their Irish store and collected them there .

One was £50 sterling which translates as around €55 euro and I was charged €67 euro.

The other was £25 sterling which comes to just over €27 euro and I was charge €35 euro.

I used an online calculator and so it is not exact but gives an idea. Why would they charge so much? For the service? For delivery to them? Cos they can?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

iamskippy wrote: »
    I am not complaining because I am happy with the products and could have refused them when they arrived or had a refund if I was not happy. And I know they can charge what they like. Just wondered what you guys thought

I ordered 2 products which were displayed on the website of a company through their Irish store and collected them there .

One was £50 sterling which translates as around €55 euro and I was charged €67 euro.

The other was £25 sterling which comes to just over €27 euro and I was charge €35 euro.

I used an online calculator and so it is not exact but gives an idea. Why would they charge so much? For the service? For delivery to them? Cos they can?!

different VAT rates? different cost of business in Ireland? did they have to send it to the Irish branch for you to collect? they may have charged for that.
    there are several reasons why the price may not have related exactly to a currency conversion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭iamskippy

different VAT rates? different cost of business in Ireland? did they have to send it to the Irish branch for you to collect? they may have charged for that.
    there are several reasons why the price may not have related exactly to a currency conversion.
    yes maybe that was it. Do not know about vat rates

Advertisement