Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Quits LIT after Mugging.

Options
  • 04-03-2010 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Story here.
    During the course of the ordeal, it was alleged that the accused threatened to stab the student. In all, €59 was taken from him, and he quickly abdicated his college place and left the city.

After the death of our Commercial Trading in our City Centre will our 3rd Level Institutions be badly hit next as Parents and Students opt to attend University anywhere else due to the safety concerns?

- Personally I can't say I'd blame them......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

At least the scumbag got a sentence,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

thenf 10 months
    burglary 6 months
    theft of mobile phone 6 months

and a concurrent sentence for the theft of the bycical. ergo he got the bycicle theft punnishment free.

mobile phones are not just for making phone calls. people can keep a myriad of things on them, phone numbers, photos, notes and even documents. it should be a manditory 5 year sentence for a mobile phone theft. it is a far more serious invasion of ones personal life than these judges realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

What safety concerns? No more so than anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

concussion wrote: »

I recognise and respect that this is your opinion on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

If you vow to never set foot in an area where there is a risk of a junkie mugging you then be prepared to never enter another city...or any large town.. or a large amount of villages, ever again.

This is life, unfortunate things happen and we adapt and move on; not turn tail and run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

LIT is a hole anyway.

I'm in LIT and the athmosphere of fear and trepidation is....non existant. A man go mugged, happens every day in every city in Ireland. It's not going to cause students to flee the city.
    zuroph wrote: »
    LIT is a hole anyway.

It's a darn sight better than UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

zuroph wrote: »
    LIT is a hole anyway.

There's a lot worse than it out there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

It's a darn sight better than UL.

lol_wut_by_stfuah.jpg

LOL WUT

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yeah its sh1t - doesnt even a pub!

• Advertisement

The science facilties in LIT are far superior to those I used when I was in UL.

No pub? Wait, you're right, it is $hit :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

Raiser wrote: »
    I recognise and respect that this is your opinion on the matter.

my mate attending CIT was mugged twice and had cash and his mobile stolen,

how does thios one incident automatically make LIT a dangerous place to go???

dont be silly guys. its talk like this that make it seem worse than it is. the student could have as easily been robbed in any city in the whole world. this is hardy a gang related incident of mistaken identity

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

it a long time since you were in UL old man. :pac:

It's not that long $hit-stirrer :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

The Limerick board seems to be the only one where a thread starts off on one topic and it decends into a peeing contest on why A is better than B :rolleyes:

Meanwhile back on topic, at least SOME of the sentences are consecutive. The whole thing about concurrent sentences needs to be addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

All i know is Limerick is better than Cork and Munster are better than Leinster :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

I used to know the junkie scumbag who committed the robbery, lets just say he'd have to rob a harmless, naive student because any normal person who he would try to rob would kick the sh!t out of him. Hope he ODs in jail, i hate heroin addicts, they are the bane of Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Born in limerick, never seen anyone mugged, shot or stabbed, does not mean it does not happen.
    I don't blame the student for leaving,
    Darren coughlan got kicked to death outside LIT.
    Being in the wrong place at the wrong time can happen anywhere in Ireland.
    Limerick does have more than its fair share of scumbags but i think as a limerick person you just get used to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

Darren coughlan wasn't in "the wrong place at the wrong time" when killed though...

Advertisement