Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF4 Limerick Casuals- 6th March

Options
  • 04-03-2010 7:35pm
    Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭

Okay, casuals are going ahead in the Moviedrome at the top of Henry's Street (Redemptorist Church side) this Saturday.

It's €40 for 3 hours (all 4 tvs) and we'll need 4 copies of the game. I'll be bringing my 360 as one of theirs isn't working. If people use locked characters, you're going to have to bring your own hard drive.

We'll be kicking off at 1 O'Clock, and don't forget to bring
    • A copy of the game
    • Your fightstick!
    • Hard drive (if possible)
    • Many friends!
    Please post in this thread if you're coming!

Are you comin' to Moviedrome? 12 votes

Yes, I'm really cool!
    0%
    No, I live in Dublin/suck
    58%
    JumpyBurning EclipseMr. KFutureGuyD4RK ONIONGeneric_name01Robbknoll 7 votes
    Perhaps
    41%
    PlaceboK.O.KikiSagat06SairusSisko 5 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It goes without saying that ill be there. I'll bring stick and a copy of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Hmmm,

I've checked my map of Ireland & can't seem to find this "Limerick" place?

dublin_map05_300.png

Could you point it out?

Good luck lads, there's probably at least one more "Coblecog" of the south west out there, don't fall for onions gimmicks ;)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I think it's number 22 A-Trak! Yes, I'm hoping there's some random well of ridiculous talent here, that would be so cool.

Also, are these the same gimmicks that saw you lose to me repeatedly? I forget :p

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

I'll definitely be able to pop in for awhile! I've told a few friends but all responses have been on the fence.

See you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Perhaps
    D4RK ONION
    has been promoted to
    *Team Taunt captain* (Limerick branch)

--
    Team Taunt commander

• Advertisement

I'll definitely be able to pop in for awhile! I've told a few friends but all responses have been on the fence.

See you there!
    Good stuff, remind em that not only is skill level not important but a few sessions in person will improve their game 1 billion times better than some random championship matches for hours on end.
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    D4RK ONION
    has been promoted to
    *Team Taunt captain* (Limerick branch)

--
    Team Taunt commander
    Eeeeexcellent! *dons badge of taunt-ey honour*

What's the problem?!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

I'm sure I can get one or two to turn up! My friend Robbknoll joined this site aswell and I'm hoping he'll make it.

We both chipped in to get fightsticks on ebay and have noticed our performance has dropped more so then we thought! hoping a few of ye can show me where the WIN button is on theses things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Perhaps
    Good stuff, remind em that not only is skill level not important but a few sessions in person will improve their game 1 billion times better than some random championship matches for hours on end.
    I cant stress the truth of that enough. If you'd seen me play at the last ranbat compared to a week later after I'd had my face mashed in in person you wouldn't be able to tell its the same guy playing XD
    (Not to say I can actually beat anyone yet, but at least I fight differently =D)

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Hi guys. Ive stuff going on at 2pm but ill definitely swing down for the hour and show face and meet people. Look forward to seeing ye :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

No go for me this weekend as I'll be working. Have told a couple of people so perhaps they will be there on my behalf :D Good luck with it and hope it becomes a regular feature.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Perhaps
    We both chipped in to get fightsticks on ebay and have noticed our performance has dropped more so then we thought! hoping a few of ye can show me where the WIN button is on theses things.

Its there, will just take a few weeks to a good could few months to find the damn thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I will be there. I will also bring a stick to beat up any Balrogs (I cant beat them in game so I am gonna do it outside it)
    I am on PC so I dont have a game copy. But ill bring my stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Seen as I'm a 'southern boy' too I should b headin to this but I've got stuff on on Saturday. Hope it turns out well and I'll try my best to make the next one.I've been playin around with other characters so I'd like to get some casual practice with them!!. Gotta improve for the next ranbats too!!.

Guys, can people confirm that they will be bringing their copy of the game? We have 2 and we need 4 in total...2 more?

Sisko wrote: »
    Its there, will just take a few weeks to a good could few months to find the damn thing.

yep, just suck up the losses and hammerings, you will be a better player after it.

I realised I cannot play with the controller on my lap. Need table-age!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Perhaps
    no+way.gif

its all i got

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'll be there, will bring a copy of the game, my hdd (all characters unlocked, plus outfits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 if it matters) and ex 2 stick that anyone is free to use as I suck giant balls with it!

Mr. K. will also be attending! :)

You guys are gonna eat my balls.

Probably some electricity as well.

Bah who am I kidding, yiz are going to pwn me.

But its ok, I am probably bigger than you.

Also will there be a table? For some reason I cant play with the TE on my lap, my wrist angles are all wrong.

I'll be there, will bring a copy of the game, my hdd (all characters unlocked, plus outfits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 if it matters) and ex 2 stick that anyone is free to use as I suck giant balls with it!

Mr. K. will also be attending! :)
    Ah good man, good man. You're multi-talented with the auld games eh? Rock Band/Street Fighter? :P
    Jumpy wrote: »
    Also will there be a table? For some reason I cant play with the TE on my lap, my wrist angles are all wrong.
    I'm sure we'll figure something out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Ah good man, good man. You're multi-talented with the auld games eh? Rock Band/Street Fighter? :P

I'm sure we'll figure something out.

I'll be honest, I'm pretty good at rhythm games, but I properly suck at fighting games. You'll see tomorrow. The important thing is that I still enjoy them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

/sigh

Stupid work...really not interested in it today and would love to meet the Limerick community......and
    of course, engage in some promotion work :pac:

Enjoy and I'm hoping a couple more of these get going.

🤪

You could call down for a little while! Lads i'm going to be a little late, expect me there after 1.30

Ggs all. Good fun, nice meeting you guys.
    We should definitely do that more often, that venue is good for it. I am sure the owner would be happy for it to happen also.

Just back, very enjoyable with 8 players in total. The venue was far beyond what I was expecting, leather couches and all!

To be honest, the level of player was far higher than I expected. Good to play everyone.

Hopefully, this will be the first of many events.

Please tell your friends that we have a player base in Limerick!!! :D

Where to start? I guess first of all, good games to everyone I played, the skill level is above what I was expecting, and although no one is tourney level just yet, the potential in this scene is massive. No one is bad with players ranging from good to pretty solid.

The solid players are Jumpy and Futureguy who I had some very good sessions with. Both players are lacking only experience and some training. A few more sessions and ye'll be well able for th Dublin tourneys. Jumpy in particular needs to work on his Blanka mix up when the other player is waking up and basic combos but you know your spacing fairly well
    Futureguy needs a bit of work on his execution and what to use in certain situations but your zoning game is pretty decent! :)

The other players are just lacking in experience but there's a lot of potential there which is great to see. I was giving the chun player (who's name I've forgotten) some honda and general advice which he picked up very quickly which is good to see.
    Generic Username is a very solid Honda, who's name is... yep you've guessed it, Paul. That's 3 Irish Honda players named Paul. Why wasn't I surprised!
    And now for news which brightened my day to no end, ladies and gentlemen we have a player who MAINS DAN. A decent Dan! That makes the Limerick scene 100% cooler already! Hope to see you signing up to boards soon!

Finally, I just have to pimp the venue. It's essentially our ideal set up! Moviedrome has 4 Massive screens with a two seater leather couch each. No visible lag. Exchangeable hard drives for character unlocks (or bring your own console!), tv in the corner with the match on to check the scores, a vending machine, good temperature control (no HEAT :P), €35 for 3 and a half hours of 3 consoles which was a bargain, and a lovely owner who did anything we asked for.

TL;DR See you guys next week!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Where to start? I guess first of all, good games to everyone I played, the skill level is above what I was expecting, and although no one is tourney level just yet, the potential in this scene is massive. No one is bad with players ranging from good to pretty solid.

The solid players are Jumpy and Futureguy who I had some very good sessions with. Both players are lacking only experience and some training. A few more sessions and ye'll be well able for th Dublin tourneys. Jumpy in particular needs to work on his Blanka mix up when the other player is waking up and basic combos but you know your spacing fairly well
    Futureguy needs a bit of work on his execution and what to use in certain situations but your zoning game is pretty decent! :)

The other players are just lacking in experience but there's a lot of potential there which is great to see. I was giving the chun player (who's name I've forgotten) some honda and general advice which he picked up very quickly which is good to see.
    Generic Username is a very solid Honda, who's name is... yep you've guessed it, Paul. That's 3 Irish Honda players named Paul. Why wasn't I surprised!
    And now for news which brightened my day to no end, ladies and gentlemen we have a player who MAINS DAN. A decent Dan! That makes the Limerick scene 100% cooler already! Hope to see you signing up to boards soon!

Finally, I just have to pimp the venue. It's essentially our ideal set up! Moviedrome has 4 Massive screens with a two seater leather couch each. No visible lag. Exchangeable hard drives for character unlocks (or bring your own console!), tv in the corner with the match on to check the scores, a vending machine, good temperature control (no HEAT :P), €35 for 3 and a half hours of 3 consoles which was a bargain, and a lovely owner who did anything we asked for.

TL;DR See you guys next week!
    I have no idea of the honda matchup as my set with Atrak can testify (9-0) but Onion gave me good pointers. great Seth V Cammy games too.

Ive been doing nothing in SF4 but practicing execution over the last 3 evenings. Was delighed that I was pulling off crossover, cr.lp, cr,lk, cr.lp, crmk, ex.hado with Ryu about 30% of the time.

For the time i was there i really enjoyed it lads, sickened i had to leave, didnt play everyone either :( hopefully its a regular thing starting next week cos im free haha. And it was friendly which is always a plus!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I have no idea of the honda matchup as my set with Atrak can testify (9-0) but Onion gave me good pointers. great Seth V Cammy games too.
    Yeah, Honda is really one of those characters who has a few tricks which, when figured out, can be quite vulnerable. Then it's down to the player himself to not play stupid.
    Robbknoll wrote: »
    For the time i was there i really enjoyed it lads, sickened i had to leave, didnt play everyone either :( hopefully its a regular thing starting next week cos im free haha. And it was friendly which is always a plus!
    Should be doing it again next week. Bring your friends, and hope you enjoyed it!

• Advertisement

Guessing same place same time scenario, it`ll be up here anyway sure. Im crap against hondas in general so next time i wouldnt mind getting a few goes against you with my blanka to see where im going wrong and to highlight areas of improvement. Even Generic_name was sayin he learned alot from today alone so cant wait to get in more game time against a higher level of player!

Advertisement