Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SF4 Limerick Casuals- 6th March

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

No, I live in Dublin/suck
    Hey all just got a chance to head on now.

GGs to all I played and I really regret not getting to fight more of ye.

Thanks to darkonion for helping me with my honda! I feel bad though because by next saturday I'll have forgotten it all! Really hoping I'm not working next saturday because I'm looking forward to doing this again!

Hope I see ye all next weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I really enjoyed the meet-up :)

Thanks to Onion and Jumpy, who made a point of giving tips on play, particularly to Jumpy on methods of dealing (or in my case coping) with Blanka.

I'm the chun player Onion was referring to, and I'm not even a chun player... But I think I'd like to be! Haven't played more than an hour of Street Fighter IV since last summer, but today was great, so I'm going to get back into it in a big way I reckon :)

Highlight of the day was beating Onion's Seth as Chun-li in my first match against him. Low point was Onion getting a perfect round against me as Sagat.

Garak, a pleasure as always!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Oh it was you sorry man! Yeah, should be going again next week, and maybe even some midweek madness if you're up for an hour session.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Low point was Onion getting a perfect round against me as Sagat.

He's a top tier whore don't ya know :D

Haha, no I was Seth, he was Sagat :D I wouldn't steal your place Terry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

A good time was had! I didn't get to play D4RK ONION, but there'll be another chance. Watching someone use Seth so well was impressive!

animaX wrote: »
    He's a top tier whore don't ya know :D

Ya, I should have worded that better! Anyway, good times all round, looking forward to my next session.

At the mo its looking like I'm working this saturday but would definitely be up for some midweek stuff if others are! My free days are wednesday, friday and sunday :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I probably won't be there next Saturday but I will be the the following Saturday :) Bring it on! Have 2 weeks to get a few things down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I probably won't be there next Saturday but I will be the the following Saturday :) Bring it on! Have 2 weeks to get a few things down.

Feck sake...Was hoping to run into you. Especially after you mentioned organising stuff earlier in this thread (and on the back of the FIFA Leagues). Prob won't be there the week after but will be demonstrating why I write about eSports rather than seeing my name in lights this week.

🤪

• Advertisement

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Feck sake...Was hoping to run into you. Especially after you mentioned organising stuff earlier in this thread (and on the back of the FIFA Leagues). Prob won't be there the week after but will be demonstrating why I write about eSports rather than seeing my name in lights this week.

Well if you're going I'll take time out of my playing Final Fantasy XIII to show up!! Count me in again!

Sabre0001 wrote: »

Actually, my gf is working both days this weekend so what I had planned for Saturday can be pushed to Sunday.

So I'll drop in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Delv3r

Hey,

I'm the Dan player Darkonion was refering to, thank you for the compliment, good sir. :pac:

If you chaps want to schedule meeting for a different day besides saturday or have another on some day mid week, I'm up for that.

It's good to get back into the game, especially with such skilled players. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

We should bring Azza down for some training. Only condition is that he has to play one handed.

How about Wednesday or Thursday evening?

Jumpy wrote: »
    We should bring Azza down for some training. Only condition is that he has to play one handed.

And he can't use his nose to press buttons.

Delv3r wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm the Dan player Darkonion was refering to, thank you for the compliment, good sir. :pac:

If you chaps want to schedule meeting for a different day besides saturday or have another on some day mid week, I'm up for that.

It's good to get back into the game, especially with such skilled players. :D

Hey man,
    Was good to play you the other day...great to see Dan get some use :D

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

Any day is good for me this week bar thursday evening. Huzzah for holidays! Cant wait to get more games in!

I think we should stick to Saturdays as it suits alot of peole, but we should definately look at a mid-week meet-up too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Delv3r

If everybody all of the sudden decides on Wednesday, I'll go, and Thursday should be alright too, for me.

I really think if this midweek thing is something we will be doing on a continual basis we'd best talk about it on saturday.

And what about friday, Is everybody busy then? why not friday and saturday, or am I crazy? :confused: :eek: :) :mad: :cool: :pac:

• Advertisement

The midweek thing was more of an additional thing rather than a replacement. Gives people more flexibility on whether they can attend or not. I can go to both. Tell ye what, I'll show up Wednesday evening, and if people are there I'll play and if they're not I'll head home. We'll say around 6ish in the moviedrome? In the mean time, I'll open a new thread for the Saturday one. :)

Me and robbknoll will be there wednesday! Hope to see ye there

Remember peoples, Wednesday at 6 :)

Advertisement