Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boomerang Football!

• 04-03-2010 7:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭

Haha!
    That's unreal. The guy should have kicked it out low and hard anyway, wouldn't have had that problem.

EDIT: Sorry about that, it's a sad day when you can't copy and paste properly. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

All I can see is a white box.

Is this thread about the Hyundai A League?

I used to go to Sydney FC Games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

All I see is a white box as well. Could someone fix that pleasethanks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

This what you were trying to post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Witty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ha, yes Frisbee. Thanks! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Wheeyyy.:p

Terrible goalkeeping though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Frisbee wrote: »
    This what you were trying to post?

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fqUhmHsG5P0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fqUhmHsG5P0&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Why all the code?

jasonorr wrote: »
    Why all the code?

Copying the embed code and copying the end of the URL take the same amount of clicks. Just habit.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Copying the embed code and copying the end of the URL take the same amount of clicks. Just habit.

Ah right, was just wondering what it did. Like the green tint.

Ah right, was just wondering what it did. Like the green tint.

Yeah lets you change colour and window size and whatnot too.

• Advertisement

That shouldn't have counted as a goal, as per Law XVI
    XVI - The Goal Kick

A goal kick is a method of restarting play.

A goal may be scored directly from a goal kick, but only against the opposing team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Des wrote: »

Obviously the ref knew nothing if he let the game go ahead in gale force wind.

But still a class goal all the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/35136/goalkeeper_mistakes

Can you throw it into your own net ?,
    See about 15sec into video.
    That one has been around for years, remember seeing it on Tv back in the 80s

Oh and I can embed video either

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/35136/goalkeeper_mistakes

Can you throw it into your own net ?,
    See about 15sec into video.
    That one has been around for years, remember seeing it on Tv back in the 80s

Oh and I can embed video either
    And if you can, would it count if, hypothetically, you managed to throw it into the opposition goal? :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

And if you can, would it count if, hypothetically, you managed to throw it into the opposition goal? :D

If a throw in goes directly into the goal i don't think it counts... think it's a goal kick if you throw it into the oppositions goal and a corner if you throw it into your own one...

A goalkeeper's throw would count as a goal in either goal, but it would be some throw to make it into the goal at the opposite end.

A throw in wouldn't.

If a throw in goes into your own goal, it's a corner, if it goes into the opposition goal it's a goal kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

class goal. something similar happened last year (i think) in a GAA league match. don't think it went into goal though, but went over the bar......

For Boardeaux last season one of the lads shot extremely high, over the bar. A sudden gust of wind caught it and sent it back and it fell into the goal, over the keeper.

We got the goal :D

class goal. something similar happened last year (i think) in a GAA league match. don't think it went into goal though, but went over the bar......

This one?

EDIT: Dunno how I messed that one up, I blame you Frisbee! :p

This is the one I meant:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

This happened to us in underage football,keeper kicked it out then blew straight back over his head,think it was a free on the edge of the box cos he was a bit further out.Goal was given anyway

• Advertisement

Gillington wrote: »
    This happened to us in underage football,keeper kicked it out then blew straight back over his head,think it was a free on the edge of the box cos he was a bit further out.Goal was given anyway

If it was a direct free kick then the referee was correct to award a goal.

If it was an indirect free kick, it should have been a corner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Serves that keeper right for not taking his own kickouts!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

SantryRed wrote: »
    Serves that keeper right for not taking his own kickouts!
    In fairness, he was stopping the ball from blowing away :P

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

EDIT: Dunno how I messed that one up, I blame you Frisbee! :p

I like the red :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭larchielads

didnt the throw in happen to enkleman on goal for villa v birmingham a few years back? his own man threw the ball back to hom from the throw in as he went to control it the ball went under his foot and went in. the goal was awarded as he was ajudged to making contact with the ball, if he didnt the goal would have not stood. you could prob see the incident on youtube. for a goal to be awarded for a throw in another player has to make contact with the ball after the 1st player takes the throw. another rule from throw ins is that the guy who takes the throw cannot run on and make contact with the ball after he throws it onto the field of play a free kick is awarded against him someone else has to make contact with the ball i.e another player or even the ref, the ref is deemed part of the field of play.

i.e another player or even the ref, the ref is deemed part of the field of play.
    The referee doesn't count for this, it has to be another player, from either team.

If the referee (or a dog, or a bag, or a stone, or a divot, or the corner flag) deflects an indirect free kick or a throw-in into the opposing goal, without the ball touching another player, it is a goal kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

If it was a direct free kick then the referee was correct to award a goal.

If it was an indirect free kick, it should have been a corner.

Its a corner in both cases Des.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

This one?

Hilarious! I love the expression at the end :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

The referee doesn't count for this, it has to be another player, from either team.

If the referee (or a dog, or a bag, or a stone, or a divot, or the corner flag) deflects an indirect free kick or a throw-in into the opposing goal, without the ball touching another player, it is a goal kick.

But not a beachball?:p

• Advertisement

baz2009 wrote: »
    But not a beachball?:p

ha, indeed, apart from a beachball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

to be utterly pedantic...
    a dog

nope.
    a bag

nope.
    or a stone

nope.
    a divot

yes.
    or the corner flag

yes.

The offending object must be a fixture of the pitch for what you say to hold true. A referee or the corner flag (or linesman if for some reason he is on the the pitch) are considered a fixture of the pitch, the divot is obviously part of the pitch, the rest aren't.

The bag, the dog and the stone aren't fixtures of the pitch, and can then be considered interfering with play I believe. By rights the referee should stop play, remove them from the field and then restart with a drop ball (as should have been done for Pool's beachball o.g.).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭larchielads

if the ball hits the ref during play the game is not stopped for a hop ball or the ball given back to the team who had possesiion therefore the ref is part of the field of play or as someone else said a "fixture" of the pitch so thererfore i'm right arent i?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

, and can then be considered interfering with play I believe. By rights the referee should stop play, remove them from the field and then restart with a drop ball (as should have been done for Pool's beachball o.g.).

Interference from an outside agent is the term you are looking for Lenin.

Advertisement