Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Door won't open or close. Window only goes half way up. Electrics....

• 04-03-2010 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Ok, I'm not on this forum much, but a joint problem,

Car is a 05 Vauxhall/Opel Astra Estate 1.9 TD estate.

First problem which I'm not sure how to solve:

Passanger window goes down all the way, it's an electric window, but when you are putting it back up, it goes up half way, then, goes back down again. It looks like it's off centre or needs to be realligned. I can get it up eventually if I push on it, then flick the switch to get it back up.

Second prob, I have central locking, and opened the back door a while ago to chuck my jacket in. Now the door won't open or close, and you can hear the mechanics working when I lock and unlock the door but it won't open. I tried the handles inside and outside, but no joy.
    I'm not sure what the problem is here. Something electric or something else?

Anyone know anyone around Limerick, or Killaloe area who could sort this for me?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭dirtydiesel

My guess is something has come off the door lock mechanism inside the door and its catching the window going up and thats why it stops and goes down again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

sorry, my bad with my explanation.

the electric window is on the front passenger door, the door not opening is on the back passenger door. I should have explained better,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

Sounds like the electric window is getting stuck because of lack of lubrication. The motor is finding it hard to go back up thinks there is something caught in the window and the anti-trap mechanism kicks in an the window goes back down again. You need to remove the door card and lubricate the window mechanism with silicone grease including the window rails.

The central locking sounds to be like a failed actuator might be keeping something enabled inside the door. Again Take off the door card and inspect to mechanical locking mechanism, possibly try disconnect the power to the actuator to see if the basic lock works with the key.

Advertisement