Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How bad are Ryanair?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

That site the OP linked to is hilarious - hundreds of posts by idiots who should not be let near an airport! Just read the first 'incident' - some moron who missed his flight because he's an idiot whinging that they didn't personally call him to the gate, while admitting that an announcement to go to gate was made. **** off.......

That one was daft alright, did he never wonder why there were only four people waiting for the flight, or where the plane was even when he then heard the initial call for boarding?

Must go back and read more of the stupidity again later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Irlandese wrote: »

all allegations, nothing proven. If you are going to argue a point you should at least have some valid source before spouting off rubbish like that.

I could allege that aer lingus make all their pilot work 25 hour days and take off on taxiways but no proof of that either.
    :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I am interested in where we can claim our payments for making positive, or at least not ranting, comments about Ryanair on internet forums. Is it a payment per post or something, what rate do we get?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Irlandese

all allegations, nothing proven. If you are going to argue a point you should at least have some valid source before spouting off rubbish like that.

I could allege that aer lingus make all their pilot work 25 hour days and take off on taxiways but no proof of that either.
    :rolleyes:
    If you can read , friend, you will note that I add the web page references to allow you to check yourself. The reports, not allegations, are there for all to read and for the record, Lying Air are not suing any of the authors. Why?
    Go figure.
    Oh, re charges, I also copied this:
    So what are Ryanair’s fees that you have to be aware of?

* Fee for changing the date of your flight: £35 per flight
    * Fee for changing the name on your ticket: £100 per passenger
    * Online check-in (print own ticket at home): £5
    * Fee for printing boarding pass: £3 per flight
    * Fees for infants (under-2s): £20 per flight
    * 1st piece of hold baggage (max 15kg), checked in at airport: £30 per flight
    * 2nd piece of hold baggage (max 15kg): £70 per flight
    * Airport check-in (“Airport Boarding Card Re-issue”): £40
    * “Payment handling fee”, per passenger, per one-way flight: £5
    * Excess baggage fee, per kilo: £15
    * A charge of £1 for the use of on-board toilets is being explored
    * Fees for heavier passengers was dropped
    * Children’s travel/car seat: £10
    * Sports equipment, musical instrument: £30 per item, per flight
    Might come in handy if you want to risk life and limb !

If you can read , friend, you will note that I add the web page references to allow you to check yourself. The reports, not allegations, are there for all to read and for the record, Lying Air are not suing any of the authors. Why?
    I read it then replied. you are twisting these stories to their limits to suit your point.

* Fee for changing the date of your flight: £35 per flight
    * 1st piece of hold baggage (max 15kg), checked in at airport: £30 per flight
    * 2nd piece of hold baggage (max 15kg): £70 per flight
    * Excess baggage fee, per kilo: £15
    * Sports equipment, musical instrument: £30 per item, per flight

Whats wrong with any of that? Its all clearly stated on the website and you've no-one to blame but yourself for not realising any of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Irlandese

robinph wrote: »
    I am interested in where we can claim our payments for making positive, or at least not ranting, comments about Ryanair on internet forums. Is it a payment per post or something, what rate do we get?
    I think you should get a lot.
    You are doing a great job, in defiance of the bulk of evidence, to try to present Lying Air as a good option. I applaud your efforts on behalf of MOL ! and add another relevant quote from Air Scoop, Low Cost Carriers News Portal Blog, to give you some more work to do !
    "Ryanair Are Voted Worst Airline

"Ryanair have been voted the worst airline by UK travellers for the second year running. A third of Brits polled by travel website TripAdvisor said the Irish no-frills airline were their least favourite. The reasons given were delays and cancellations, unfriendly staff, uncomfortable seats and poor legroom."

At least this article does not mention their appalling safety standards or risky flying modalities !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

That site has absolutely no meaning when none of the stories seem to be checked up on. The 5th story about all flights from or in to Bristol being cancelled in 2010 is a funny one, I just flew there three weeks ago. The fact that I got there and back seems to suggest that Ryanair do in fact still fly to Bristol.

The passport one is gas too. If Ryanair actually flew the old woman to Spain knowing that she didn't have a passport the would have been fined by the Spanish authorities. So she lost her passport, her fault. Ryanair don't want to delay the flight for every other passenger and every passenger using that plane that day so they kick her off. All fair to me. Ryanair then take hold of the passport and fly it back to Dublin for old woman, and give her a free flight the next day. Thats pretty generous if you ask me.

Someone has a heart attack and they blame Ryanair for not changing there flights. Eh thats what you get travel insurance for no? Plus when you print your boarding pass it clearly states that no further changes can be made to the booking once you have done this. If your too stupid to read, you are too stupid for sympathy.

I can't read anymore, that site is like a bad Joe Duffy show, bunch of incompetent arseholes looking for someone else to blame for their own stupidity.

* Fee for changing the date of your flight: £35 per flight25EUR/25GBP
    * 1st piece of hold baggage (max 15kg), checked in at airport: £30 per flight15EUR/15GBP
    * 2nd piece of hold baggage (max 15kg): £70 per flight35EUR/35GBP
    * Excess baggage fee, per kilo: £1520EUR/20GBP
    * Sports equipment, musical instrument: £30 per item, per flight40EUR/40GBP

Might come in handy before your next rant:
    http://www.ryanair.com/ie/questions/table-of-fees

Lying Air
    Who is this Lying Air you keep mentioning:confused:

"Ryanair Are Voted Worst Airline

"Ryanair have been voted the worst airline by UK travellers for the second year running. A third of Brits polled by travel website TripAdvisor said the Irish no-frills airline were their least favourite. The reasons given were delays and cancellations, unfriendly staff, uncomfortable seats and poor legroom."

I remember when this was first published, a very good point was made. If they are the worst airline in Britain why are they the most popular by a long way?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Have people been looking at this site which shows just a small percentage of the stories that reflect just what this company does to it's victims, sorry, clients?
    http://www.ryanaircampaign.org/otherstory.html#200109
    we had an interesting exchange of views on another thread but were deemed off topic, so I would like to start another one here.
    Its simple.
    If you're smart enough to use the internet, select the right dates, times and airports, also spell you name correctly (i.e. as per your passport) then Ryanair offer an excellent service where they bring you from one airport to another.

If not, then you should book through a travel agent and pay 5 times the price for the flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

On balance, this thread belongs either in a) Aviation b) Travel or c) Consumer issues and I believe all of them have an adequate number of threads where you can moan about Ryanair, the airlines, booking charges and the like.

So I've decided to close this one. It's going pretty much nowhere, the same site has been posted several times anyway which is appalling netiquette.

OP if you want to post here, treat the regulars with some respect. Do not, for example, accuse them of being PR shills if their experience is different to yours. Try it again and you won't be posting here again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement