Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky VOD

• 04-03-2010 8:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭

Has anyone heard anything about Video on demand with Sky (anytime +).
    Will it be available in Ireland and when?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TechnoKid

homelink wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything about Video on demand with Sky (anytime +).
    Will it be available in Ireland and when?

I thought it already launched?
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

TechnoKid wrote: »
    I thought it already launched?
    :confused:

In Ireland? I dont think so.

In the UK only those that have Sky broad band have access to anytime+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

its available online on webiste and xbox live but not via the sky box here in ireland

Riskymove wrote: »
    its available online on webiste and xbox live but not via the sky box here in ireland

Sky anytime+ is available online in Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

yes you can get it in ireland, go to the sky go website and take it from there.I download a few movies at start of every week and then connect laptop to the tv to watch,its the nearst we are going to get to the proper anytime + serivice for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

mad muffin wrote: »
    Sky anytime+ is available online in Ireland?
    Sky Go have a number of TV Shows and Films available to download, which they call Anytime+. But it isn't exactly the same as the Anytime+ service available on Sky Boxes in the UK, as the catalogue of content isn't as vast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Dman001 wrote: »
    Sky Go have a number of TV Shows and Films available to download, which they call Anytime+. But it isn't exactly the same as the Anytime+ service available on Sky Boxes in the UK, as the catalogue of content isn't as vast.
    No not as vast as the uk but i still have the choice of nearly 300 movies,200 sports programs and 50 -60 everyday tv shows the only shows on it that we cant are the shows linked to the BBC i player which is a pity.

Can I use sky go on the iPad?

I see the Sky go app will only be for sports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

mad muffin wrote: »
    Can I use sky go on the iPad?

I see the Sky go app will only be for sports?
    The iPad/iPhone App isn't out yet, but is coming. At first it will only have Live Streams of the Sports channels, but Sky have said the Movie Channels will be coming soon followed by the Entertainment Channels. It's also worth noting that it will only be the streams of Live channels available on the App, not the On Demand stuff.

Edit: The App was put on the iTunes Store last night, but Sky pulled it again. Their reasoning was that there was a few bugs with it. Those who got to download it said there are Live Streams of the Movie and News Channels, along with the Sport Channels.

Advertisement