Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Aiste!

Options
  • 04-03-2010 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hey, have my mocks tomorrow. English paper one and Irish paper one. Just wondering what do people do for the Irish aiste? Do you prepare one, write off the top of your head or learn one off? How long is it too?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

If your Irish is good enough, definitely write off the top of your head. There's nothing worse that sitting there thinking how a particular sentence should finish just because you know you learnt it. And chances are that the essay you learn off is not going to fit into any of the titles very well either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Hi OP. For Irish Paper 1 (Honours) I learned two essays - about 2 1/4 pages - off by heart. I was able to manipulate the content to suit the essay titles in my mocks (don't know how well I fared though).

The important thing to do is to get over at least 2 pages, it's the first thing the examiner looks at.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Alright thanks for the info. Ya see, I'm good enough at Irish I'd say B2 area?:pac:(Sounds very cocky sorry). But I dunno like, is it worth all the effort like, I do have it tomorrow! I don't think I'll bother, but would you recommend it for the actual LC maybe?

I always write at least 3 pages anyways.

Could I just ask what were the two topics your essays were based on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

Alright thanks for the info. Ya see, I'm good enough at Irish I'd say B2 area?:pac:(Sounds very cocky sorry). But I dunno like, is it worth all the effort like, I do have it tomorrow! I don't think I'll bother, but would you recommend it for the actual LC maybe?

I always write at least 3 pages anyways.

Could I just ask what were the two topics your essays were based on?

Joe ya snake :p

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

Welcome to boards joe the "ceo":D

• Advertisement
Advertisement