Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which is the best revision book, JC history

Options
  • 04-03-2010 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

hey, i messed up my mocks history exam, we have to study two bloody books that r bout 700 pages. any1 have any tips on which revision book to get, most of d guys in my class have revise wise, my griend said shortcuts to success have people in history q's done out 4 us, plz need help:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Blue_Seas

My History tecaher personally recommended Shortcuts to Success or whatever it's called. I didn't get it though because my dad decided he'd order all these revision books for me without asking what I needed (he got me ReviseWise which is good for a lot of subjects but I don't need them for Irish, French, Music and English) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

I have revisewise and I wouldn't recommend it for HL, I think it's way too vague.

I forgot to say I have Uncovering History as my textbook and it's okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Gentlemanne

Well, I have revisewise and I think its pretty good.

My history book (footsteps in time) has way too much info really.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

I have revisewise and I wouldn't recommend it for HL, I think it's way too vague.

i think Shortcuts to Success is better than revise wise for HISTORY because revise wise has stuff that you don't even have to learn for the course and may confuse you, it confused me during my history exam for the mocks especially about christopher columbus .......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lijobe2

Well, I have revisewise and I think its pretty good.

My history book (footsteps in time) has way too much info really.
    ya, we use that retarded book as well,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Steve Collins

I have to get some revision books too, I'm in the same scenario as you. My friend told me revisewise are good, but not for History. He said Shortcuts to success is the best for history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ross Carr

i done my jc last year
    i had to teach myself history as it clashed with geography
    i used revise wise and found it good but what i really found the best was the educational company of ireland there exam papers are very help full for the people in history question as you can use a code that gives you a sample answer of each question
    best of luck with the jc just for your benefit i got a b in honours history

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Ross Carr wrote: »
    i done my jc last year
    i had to teach myself history as it clashed with geography
    i used revise wise and found it good but what i really found the best was the educational company of ireland there exam papers are very help full for the people in history question as you can use a code that gives you a sample answer of each question
    best of luck with the jc just for your benefit i got a b in honours history
    I used an exact replica of one of the edco essays and got 9/20 for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

M&S* wrote: »
    I used an exact replica of one of the edco essays and got 9/20 for it :(
    I was going to use them but they're actually quite bad! There's mistakes on them too. Best thing is just to make little points about whatever it is and understand it or learn off one in a revision book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 David2

Revise Wise is good. Btw, history is very easy to predict for the JC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

I don't really agree that History is easy to predict: unless I'm looking at it the wrong way.

How do you predict it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 David2

Sorry for the really late reply. Well I did pass History for the JC and just ignore section 1 and 2, go through all of the exam papers for short qustions, by the end you will be able to answer most of them without having to refer to the book. And for section 4 just go back through the papers and find the sequence of what comes up and how often, it's easy to find it. I would elaborate if I could remember how I did it. But anyways, I did that and wrote out 8 essays that i thought would come up and out of the 5 that you choose from, 4 came up. I got an A. Honestly, if you're doing pass then it's nothing to worry about. And good luck with your exams! Remember not to worry, the JC doesn't matter anyways. And the worst day is the first one, English papers 1 and 2. After that the breaks are good craic!

Advertisement