Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XIII

Options
  • 04-03-2010 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭

Final Fantasy makes its true next gen debut this Tuesday. Who's getting and what are the best high street prices?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jellyshot

id expect smyths to be doing a good price. they did a great price for bioshock 2 when it was released, cheapest i could find.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Been looking forward to getting this for ages. I hope it lives up to the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

After the terrible look of the trailers, i think I'm going to gladly give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

€80 for the Collector's Edition in GAME. No idea whats in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Edge gave it a battering-5/10 also eurogamer slated the xbox version in digi foundry. The first 20 hrs are terrible apparently followed by another 20 hrs of greatness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

RAIN wrote: »
    Edge gave it a battering-5/10 also eurogamer slated the xbox version in digi foundry. The first 20 hrs are terrible apparently followed by another 20 hrs of greatness.
    I like Edge, they give decent reviews. But even without their reviews, I don't think I'd buy the game. After the fail of The Last Remnant, I'm beginning to feel the end of square enix is nigh. And with such dissapointing trailers, and what looks like some pathetic attempt at cyberpunk jap anime style, I'm determined to avoid this gam, for fear of ruining my high esteems of Square enix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

€80 for the Collector's Edition in GAME. No idea whats in it.

Saw the promo box the other day in the Dundrum shop along ones for splinter cell and just cause 2. If memory serves I remember thinking "thats a bit crap" In comparison to the other 2 . The have some art cards with it I "think" .

Edit: the splinter cell one had some kinf of Sam Fisher figurine, forget what just casse had.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Fairly good review over at Joystiq, as in the review itself is good as well as their opinion of the game. Joystiq don't do scores so lets you make up your own mind. Again saying the first 15 hours are tedious but the last 30 are fantastic.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/05/review-final-fantasy-xiii/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

I cant wait either way, the gametrailers review was pretty good, dont like how they gave the story a 7.9 when thats that the main reason I actually play them games.

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/final-fantasy-xiii/2649

It has an average of 83 on metacritic so far which is pretty damn good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I tend not to take much notice of Edge,pretentious,anal retentive....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

I can't wait to play it. I also hope to hex the game save I hate grinding!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Anyone aware of any midnight launches in Cork City tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

• Registered Users Posts: 35,000 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone aware of any midnight launches in Cork City tonight?

On a similar note, anyone know of any midnight launches in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

€50 for standard in gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

15hours and counting!! don don don.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

€45 in HMV. Think I saw the collectors edition being advertised for €60 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

15hours and counting!! don don don.....

already for sale in xtravision

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

For real - Lovely, ill have to swing by when i finish up work at 10pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

ShaneU wrote: »
    already for sale in xtravision

damn ive it already paid for! dam nthem!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Ah FFS! It's out tomo already!? :( I've waited for this game for ages, now I've so much college work I won't have the chance to play it! Still haven't even completed Bioshock 2 yet :(

...Now... back to doing more work... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Anyone wanna comment on whether it's region locked? I have a Chinese Xbox and it looks like the NTSC-J version won't be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

am i alone in having never played the series?

Soby wrote: »

Yes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The FF series are like marmite, you either like em or you don't. I tried FF7 on the PS back in the day from all the rave reviews stating greatest game ever etc. I tried it and didn't like it at all. I rented it for a week and just could not get into it. Ever since I have not looked at another FF game, my brother loved 7 and 8 but he didn't like any of them after that. I just don't click with JRPGs but I like "western RPGs" generally so long as they are not too magicy and fantasy off the wall types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Soby wrote: »

Never played any myself but tempted to pick this up to keep me occupied over the summer.
    Anyone any idea what I might get for MW2 on trade in? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've been playing them since Mystic Quest on the Game Boy but since FFX, I've really been losing interest. FFXII, I played for about 4 to 5 hours and was bored out of my mind. I'll be giving this a pass for a little while, especially since the first 20 hours are apparently tedious. I'm 8 hours into Mass Effect 2 and I'm gripped, so I don't see why this game should have such a long 'intro'.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

15-20 hours of tediousness...I don't care how good the next 20 hours are, I'm going to pass. Which is disappointing really; it was going to be my first FF-related purchase since X2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

It's nagaffs.*

Not as good as final fantasy seven.

Advertisement