Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XIII

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

ok I think this looks amazing. I really do. Stunning in fact. I really want to give it a go but I've never got the hang of turn based RPG's. I just dont "get" them.

Should I buy it give it a go and attempt to get into it? Or is it too late for me now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Skip it, trust me skip it. My house mate was convinced how great a game it had to be cos of the budget and graphics.....how wrong he was. I bought it expecting it to be crap for the first 20 hours but then be amazing for the last 20-30...how wrong I was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It was a linear grindfest and once I got to the end I had zero desire to go back and do the rest of the "sidequests" etc and usually I'm very OCD about FF games but sure by that point any ultimate weapons etc would have served no purpose what so ever :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭jamezy

Im just going to add one more name to "FF XIII Sucked" consensus... I was just gutted at how much this blew. I too gave up on it which isn't like me, well at least with FF games.

Heres hoping XIII versus gets an Xbox release and tries to make up for XIII.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Theres alot being said about the whole linear thing and I thought I'd pipe up and give my 50gil worth.

It's no secret that most RPG's are linear and the FF series is no exception. Theres a start point, a middle and an ending and a whole hell, of a lot inbetween bits. What makes it all wonderful is that in most games you dont notice it. It's the journey not the destination thats the pleasure. From midgar to kalm, across mountains, the bicanel deserts, those incredible bosses, moments of quiet like crossing the moonstream. Side quests as interesting as yuffies hometown, or the emotion at reaching red XIII's village and his grandad.

All linear and all totally absorbing. The story unfolds, and like a good book your so wrapped up in it you just cannot wait to reach the next page, fingers ready to leaf the page.

FFXIII wasn't like that. From the outset it was a lonley and souless experience, replicit in graphical splender but missing all the basic building blocks of a good story. There's no shame in saying something is bad when in all honesty is is, even if you love the heritage.

The real crime is to twist your own soul and try to believe the massive hype surrounding the latest offering. When we all bow down and eat the s**t being served and declare that it tastes good then the series is dead. If enough of us stand up and speak from the heart then hopefully there will enough good people at SE to listen and make good the broken.

Time will tell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement