Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Foreign Exchange Deals?

Options
  • 04-03-2010 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello
    I need to exchange £1,000 sterling that I have in cash for euro. How would I go about getting the maximum in euro for this transaction? Post office, forex dealer, bank? Fees? Commissions? Rates in general?
    Would be great if someone could advise
    Cheers
    F

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Post office does not do Forgien exchange and Forex is a online trading company. If you have it as cash and need to change it in Ireland the bank is your best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 frankstar

Thanks JB
    Which bank usually does the best rate? What about credit unions, building societys?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

It changes everyday so your best bet is to look around. For commission free, if you have an account with a bank that does currencey exchange you might get it comission free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 frankstar

Thanks
    Is there a website where I can get each institutions Buy rate? Or do I have to call each one up individually?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You'll have to check each one individually I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement