Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi A4 1.8T engine power sufficient for chassis

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

What BHP does it have in the A4?
    IMO, that is one of the nicer engines in that car. Ive had a couple of 1.8T audis, Ive a 1.8Tfsi now & I previously had the older 1.8T.
    You dont really want a diesel anyway do ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

163bhp in them I think

I know a guy who just traded in a 07 one of them into SMC cars in Naas. It was a quattro aswell with the S Line spec

its prob still there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Nothing wrong with 163 bhp imo

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ozziej

Cheers boys. I only do around 5k miles a year. I have no business getting a diesel. Good to hear its sufficient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

mickdw wrote: »
    What BHP does it have in the A4?
    IMO, that is one of the nicer engines in that car. Ive had a couple of 1.8T audis, Ive a 1.8Tfsi now & I previously had the older 1.8T.
    You dont really want a diesel anyway do ya?

+1

One of the nice engines in the range, plenty in it for that chassis.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

More than enough power in the 1.8T for daily driving however I don't like the way VAG cars deliver power to the front wheels in the 1.8T cars. If it was me I would go for a quattro model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Just picked up a 99 1.8T Quattro Sport in London today, she's dyno'd at 213bhp and that's without a remap, had alot of fun driving to Wales today :) the 1.8T engines are mint..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

Nice engine but I had a lot of problems with oil pressure. Make sure you change it much more regularly than the recommended service intervals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Dave147 wrote: »
    Just picked up a 99 1.8T Quattro Sport in London today, she's dyno'd at 213bhp and that's without a remap, had alot of fun driving to Wales today :) the 1.8T engines are mint..

What mods? no way its making 213 standard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

tossy wrote: »
    What mods? no way its making 213 standard
    Well they did come as 180 and 220 horse variants as standard...

Wonder what engine code is it?

• Advertisement

Well they did come as 180 and 220 horse variants as standard...

Wonder what engine code is it?

No the didn't,the came in 150 and 180bhp.

tossy wrote: »
    No the didn't,the came in 150 and 180bhp.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_TT
    Mechanically, the TT shares an identical powertrain layout as its related Volkswagen Group platform-mates. The TT uses a transversely mounted internal combustion engine, with either front-wheel drive, or 'quattro' on-demand four-wheel drive. It was first available with a 1.8 litre inline four cylinder 20-valve turbocharged engine in two states of DIN-rated power outputs; 178 hp (133 kW; 180 PS) and 222 hp (166 kW; 225 PS). The engines share the same fundamental design, but the 166 kW version features a larger K04 turbocharger, an additional intercooler on the right side (complementing the existing left-side intercooler), forged connecting rods, a dual tailpipe exhaust, and a few other internals - designed to accommodate the increase in turbo boost, from roughly 10 pounds per square inch (0.7 bar) peak, to 15 pounds per square inch (1.0 bar). Haldex Traction enabled four wheel drive, 'branded' as "quattro" was optional on the 180 engine, and standard on the more powerful 225 version.
    The 150 was only in Passats n stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The TT came in 180 & 220bhp, the 1999 A4 came with either 150 or perhaps 180bhp. As tossy said, there's no way that engine is making next or near 213bhp without work.

Anan1 wrote: »
    The TT came in 180 & 220bhp, the 1999 A4 came with either 150 or perhaps 180bhp. As tossy said, there's no way that engine is making next or near 213bhp without work.
    Your right, for some reason I thought he said it ws a TT he had dyno'd.
    That would need K04 or hybrid k03 with some fat injectors, and remap to make it otherwise. Maybe that is why I figured on it being a TT ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Dave147 wrote: »

That's rubbish,my 2002 VRS has 180bhp as standard,remap brings it to 210.

Your right, for some reason I thought he said it ws a TT he had dyno'd.
    That would need K04 or hybrid k03 with some fat injectors, and remap to make it otherwise. Maybe that is why I figured on it being a TT ;)

We should change your name to TT drinker :D apology accepted :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

That's rubbish,my 2002 VRS has 180bhp as standard,remap brings it to 210.

im not saying that the OP's statement is true, but why would you jump on the high horse and rubbish something just because your car has a different variant of the engine with a different power figure?

thats like me quoting your post stating "thats rubbish, my VAG 1.8T has 225bhp standard without a remap".

basing my figures on the 225 TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

gumbo wrote: »
    im not saying that the OP's statement is true, but why would you jump on the high horse and rubbish something just because your car has a different variant of the engine with a different power figure?

thats like me quoting your post stating "thats rubbish, my VAG 1.8T has 225bhp standard without a remap".

basing my figures on the 225 TT

But HIS car doesnt have that figure without a remap,simples.Thats my point.

I'm not saying its rubbish,that's why asked what mods were done to it,if it had a uprated Turbo intake pipe,a decent exhaust and FMIC it could be 213 (if it was a 180 to start with),but why anyone would do all those mods and not map it it beyond me,all those mods with a map would see 230-240bhp.

Advertisement