Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ERBI s/b

Options
  • 04-03-2010 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

Hey there again, I have an old shotgun at home here and am in the hunt for a nice fitting semi auto maybe. Question is, as above I have an old shotgun Make "Erbi" and I'm curious what kind of money they are worth??:confused: As I said, it's about 30/35 years old. My dad don't use it much and if i got a bit for it to put towards something new I might just let it go even though it's only an Erbi it has built up a bit of centimental value over the years.
    Other question is the Baikal semi auto, I have heard good reports in reviews online and would like to know if anyone here has/had one and their experienced version would be thoroughl;y appreciated also...

cheers Kay 9...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Erbi was a very good maker that became part of DIARM in the mid 1980s. When Diarm folded Erbi did not survive. They made basic boxlocks, side-plated boxlocks and also some very high-end sidelocks based on the Purdey model. Value of yours would depend on model and condition, so it could range from 100 euros to a couple of grand if you were lucky enough to fall into a Model GH. Post photos.......
    Better guns than any cheapo semi-auto :eek: out there, but to each his own. ;)
    Rs
    P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Erbi was a very good maker that became part of DIARM in the mid 1980s. When Diarm folded Erbi did not survive. They made basic boxlocks, side-plated boxlocks and also some very high-end sidelocks based on the Purdey model. Value of yours would depend on model and condition, so it could range from 100 euros to a couple of grand if you were lucky enough to fall into a Model GH. Post photos.......
    Better guns than any cheapo semi-auto :eek: out there, but to each his own. ;)
    Rs
    P.
    Thanks for reply mate, just curious how i know the GH models from the others? I'll try post a pic later, it aint much to look at tbh and is only in fair condition but working perfectly and has a lovely choke for foxes but kicks like a bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Other question is the Baikal semi auto, I have heard good reports in reviews online and would like to know if anyone here has/had one and their experienced version would be thoroughl;y appreciated also...

Apprently,a Russian made Remington 1100.If it is Baikal it will be proably as tough as nails,and in good Russian tradition easily fixable..with a Hammer and a rock.:eek::D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

kay 9 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply mate, just curious how i know the GH models from the others? I'll try post a pic later, it aint much to look at tbh and is only in fair condition but working perfectly and has a lovely choke for foxes but kicks like a bear.

Like most top-grade Basque guns, a GH would be based on either H & H or Purdey, very nicely figured walnut stock, nice rose and scroll engraving on the sideplates, assisted opening (look for a piston shaped pipe in the fore-end) and sideclips on the action.

Have a look on the action flats or barrels for a date code - it should be a capital letter followed probably by a 1. That would be a help.....
    Rs
    P.

Like most top-grade Basque guns, a GH would be based on either H & H or Purdey, very nicely figured walnut stock, nice rose and scroll engraving on the sideplates, assisted opening (look for a piston shaped pipe in the fore-end) and sideclips on the action.

Have a look on the action flats or barrels for a date code - it should be a capital letter followed probably by a 1. That would be a help.....
    Rs
    P.
    Thanks again, I'll have a look but I think it's only worth about 100-200 euro max. Normal looking stock etc, nothing too graphic about it at all. Think I'll keep as a Baikal or the likes aint going to break the bank anyway. i noticed that there old style stud links on it aswell but sm1 filed them off at the foreend/barrell:mad:
    cheers kay 9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭LetFly

Hi Kay9.
    I have an ERBI sxs myself and it is great gun for game shooting. Nice and light and comes to the shoulder very easily. The gun I have is well over 30 years old, I got it from an uncle of mine when I turned 16 and have had it for 20 years now and shoot with it every season. The only problem I had with it was a firing pin needed replacing about 10 years ago. I even shoot clays with it with no problems at all. It is a great gun for woodcock and snipe shooting as it swings fast and won't weight you down carrying it all day.
    Keep it...use it....its a great gun.
    :)

LetFly wrote: »
    Hi Kay9.
    I have an ERBI sxs myself and it is great gun for game shooting. Nice and light and comes to the shoulder very easily. The gun I have is well over 30 years old, I got it from an uncle of mine when I turned 16 and have had it for 20 years now and shoot with it every season. The only problem I had with it was a firing pin needed replacing about 10 years ago. I even shoot clays with it with no problems at all. It is a great gun for woodcock and snipe shooting as it swings fast and won't weight you down carrying it all day.
    Keep it...use it....its a great gun.
    :)

Yes, thats the only prob i had also, the firing pin twice and the spring in the lever opening action. Other than that its lovely to shoot so I might just hang on to it.

Advertisement