Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

any advice on pains?

• 04-03-2010 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

ive started walking since last Friday cause im a doughball and need to drop some weight.

have a huge amount of leg muscles from years of lifting weights. Just under my knee on the front i have a seriously big muscle and when im walking after about 5 minutes the pain is unbelievable and i struggle to walk. it gets that bad that its like my leg ceases up

is there anything i can do for this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

If you have unbalanced muscle development, your best bet is a good physio, who can recommend some exercises that will help you balance you up. People naturally like working their strong muscles, and do it more, but that way leads to injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

thanks Eileen,

the reason i have big leg muscles is because i broke my wrist very bad and spent 4 years in and out of hospital for ops so i could only do leg weights but wish i didnt do so much its a bit*h

What leg exercises were you doing? What what sort weights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭bungler

i was using every machine in the gym that was for legs and was lifting a full rack most of the time

Leg machines are a great way to give yourself pains. It's easy to lift heavier than you really should, and stress your joints or ligaments.

Try doing squats, lunges, step-ups, stiffleg deadlifts, and see what happens. You'll probably have to drop the weights a lot, but because you are moving in a natural range of motion, you should have less injury problems.

Oh, and do them free weight, not smith machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

How often are you working your legs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

bungler wrote: »
    Hi all,

ive started walking since last Friday cause im a doughball and need to drop some weight.

have a huge amount of leg muscles from years of lifting weights. Just under my knee on the front i have a seriously big muscle and when im walking after about 5 minutes the pain is unbelievable and i struggle to walk. it gets that bad that its like my leg ceases up

is there anything i can do for this?

As Eileen said, consult a physio or massage therapist. You can combine massage work with stretching and hopefully that might help to releive the pain. It's also advisable to have your feet checked, pronation of the feet is a big cause of legs cramping / ceasing up. Hope you find something that helps you :)

Advertisement