Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got an interview for Trinity yet?

Options
  • 04-03-2010 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi all. I've applied to Trinity through the CAO and submitted my suplementary application forms. Has anyone heard anything about inteviews yet? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

Nope I've heard nothing from them yet regarding interviews. I was just thinking today that we might be hearing something soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I didn't hear until end of March last year if that's any help to settle the nerves!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Ell69

Thanks, feel a little less anxious now :)
    Best of luck Morgase what have you applies for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 willie mason

I got a rejection letter yesterday for my 2nd choice of the two courses I applied for (History TN 048, I think). Got a job since I applied so it's not the end of the world. I wouldn't mind an interview for my 1st choice, just to see what happens.

Ell69 wrote: »
    Thanks, feel a little less anxious now :)
    Best of luck Morgase what have you applies for?

I've put both General Science and Human Genetics down on the form. I hope we're not in competition!
    I got a rejection letter yesterday for my 2nd choice of the two courses I applied for (History TN 048, I think). Got a job since I applied so it's not the end of the world. I wouldn't mind an interview for my 1st choice, just to see what happens.

Hard luck on that. Hope the job works out for you, and well done for getting a new job in these times!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Chewbacca.

sorry to hear you didn't get called Morgase.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Ell69

I've put both General Science and Human Genetics down on the form. I hope we're not in competition!

I've applied to study History of Art.:)

Chewbacca. wrote: »
    sorry to hear you didn't get called Morgase.

No that's williemason.

I got a letter today calling me to interview for Human Genetics :D

Ell69 wrote: »
    I've applied to study History of Art.:)

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Best of luck everyone. I'm nervously waiting hopefully for a letter myself but suspect if it's coming at all it won't be until the end of March :(

• Advertisement

Morgase wrote: »
    No that's williemason.

I got a letter today calling me to interview for pottery in a PLC :D
    umh, yeah I knew you belong in a PLC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭December

The letters are arriving! I got a letter this morning from Trinity (Latin dept) for an interview early April. :D

Good luck everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Aisling&M

I got a rejection letter for French but an interview next week for History of Art. Haven't heard about English or Theology yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

I got my letter this morning confirming an interview for a fortnight in TCD for the only course I've applied to. Delighted to be progressing but starting to brick it a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Susipoo

I got an interview for physiotherapy in mid April, still waiting on Occupational therapy. Sat the aptitude test for Psychology and fear I may not get the interview, it was a toughie!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭jennebean

howdi all

got my letter on thursday after much stressfull waiting !!

interview is on 13th of april for history

any tips ?

jennebean wrote: »
    howdi all

got my letter on thursday after much stressfull waiting !!

interview is on 13th of april for history

any tips ?

Well, I had my interview in Trinity on Friday. It was much less formal than I imagined. It was more like a chat with the professor.

I think what he was looking for really was an interest in the course (so know exactly what the course outline and subjects are), whether you have an aptitude for the course, and thirdly, whether your previous life experience would be an asset to you in the course.

I wore a formal suit and I'm glad I did. Better to be over-dressed than under-dressed! At the same time, if you are more comfortable in smart casual, do that.

Best of luck!

cheers Morgase

what was your interview for ? ive heard that they are very interested in how you plan to finance it , were you asked ?

what kinda questions did he ask ? ive heard that history is up 24% on applicants this yr so im totally expecting a harsh interview

cheers

jennebean wrote: »
    cheers Morgase

what was your interview for ? ive heard that they are very interested in how you plan to finance it , were you asked ?

what kinda questions did he ask ? ive heard that history is up 24% on applicants this yr so im totally expecting a harsh interview

cheers

Human Genetics. Afaik, there are 3 others going for it but there's not that many places so I have my fingers crossed. I suppose the number of applicants are up for most courses really.

I heard the same about the financing so I had my speil prepared. However, he didn't ask about it. I volunteered the information all the same as it shows that I'm serious about it and have planned for college.

I honestly would not say it was a harsh interview. The prof was really friendly and didn't really ask specific questions other than why do you want to leave work and start a new career. It was really just a chat about genetics and what research they do.

Just be yourself, and show an interest in the course. You'll be fine!

Hello,
    My sister has an interview in April in TCD ,
    There is only 12 places on the course she applied for, Do you think they would interview much for a course with only 12 places or do they shortlist it down to a few potential mature students?
    Also she would like to know if she should bring evidence of past results in courses,exams certs,references etc?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

12 places overall, or 12 places for mature students? :eek: All interview applicants have made it onto a shortlist anyways so she's already over the first hurdle. As to bringing evidence, I'd ring TCD to check if it's nessesary, as some schools do like to get materials on the day, whereas others go by what they recieved from the CAO initially . Best of luck to her :)

Jessibelle wrote: »
    12 places overall, or 12 places for mature students? :eek: All interview applicants have made it onto a shortlist anyways so she's already over the first hurdle. As to bringing evidence, I'd ring TCD to check if it's nessesary, as some schools do like to get materials on the day, whereas others go by what they recieved from the CAO initially . Best of luck to her :)

Hello thanks,
    Its 12 places overall! what do you think.. how many mature students would they keep in mind,so every single item she sent to the cao ,they send that to trinity?
    Thank you for your reply

Morgase wrote: »
    Human Genetics. Afaik, there are 3 others going for it but there's not that many places so I have my fingers crossed. I suppose the number of applicants are up for most courses really.

I heard the same about the financing so I had my speil prepared. However, he didn't ask about it. I volunteered the information all the same as it shows that I'm serious about it and have planned for college.

I honestly would not say it was a harsh interview. The prof was really friendly and didn't really ask specific questions other than why do you want to leave work and start a new career. It was really just a chat about genetics and what research they do.

Just be yourself, and show an interest in the course. You'll be fine!

cheers ,

very excited about it even to get this far ,
    my 3 subjects are

history & world religion
    history & jewish and islamic civ
    history

so my interview is very importrant if i dont get in to history im all out
    but i was talkin to a youth information officer today and ive been dealin with her for the last year on gettin to trinity and so far everything has come good this is just the last hurdle , exciting but scary !!

Chewbacca. wrote: »
    Hello thanks,
    Its 12 places overall! what do you think.. how many mature students would they keep in mind,so every single item she sent to the cao ,they send that to trinity?
    Thank you for your reply

They'd probably only hold one or two places for a mature student if the class is that small, I know the Optometry courses tend for classes of about 30-40 and generally only have at most 3 places for mature students, and yes, CAO will send a copy of all certs etc to Trinity, but again, check to make certain the course director doesn't want to see original copies of them on the day. In my experience, some do, some couldn't care less until after the interview :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭December

Got my interview for English in a couple of weeks too (latin one next week) :D yay!

I was wondering though, if anyone knew how many places are allocated for English Studies or the TSM version, as I can't seem to find any info about it on the site. I'll call the admissions office tomorrow to find out for sure, but thought someone on here might know? :)

They'd probably only hold one or two places for a mature student if the class is that small
    Hi she understands there might be one place only,
    but she is wondering how many more mature students would they interview along with her, for the 1 vacant place :cool:

That I couldn't tell you for certain, it depends really how popular the course is and how many maturies applied for the place. Maybe if she tries ring up, I know a friend of mine did that for Human Genetics and they told her how many places there where and an approximate number of interviewees.

Advertisement