Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lump..

Options
  • 04-03-2010 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

I got my lip pierced in December with a ring...

Every so often I get a lump on the inside of my lip beside the hole..
    It comes and goes but mostly stays.

I took out the ring today and the lump is there.

is there anything I can do to get rid of it? It really annoys me

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Just leave it be, if you are worried go see your piercer or your GP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I have my lip pierced years. To be honest i had a tiny lump for ages. It was nothing. i was paranoid about it. Eventually I just forgot about it and it went away. Now that you know its there you will be playing with it, without even knowing. Go to your doctor if you want but it should be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭pajodublin

had my lip pierced twice (Labret and now ring)
    Both times i had a lump. Both times it went away
    as far as i could see it was scar tissue, nothing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

cool, the doc said It would go away eventually :)
    How long does it take for the piercing to close?
    Ive had it out about 24 hours now.

also- does the jewllery have to be surgical steel to put in it?
    I had a ring in it but I want a stud in it now but all I have are earring from claires accesories ha

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Stud earrings are no good unless you want to destroy your lip gums and teeth...

Go to a proper piercing place and they will be able to sell you the proper jewellery. Surgical steel and titanium are the two best metals for the job.

• Advertisement

you only have it done a day lol. Wait a bit before you change it. Probably be grand but ya never know

Stud earrings are no good unless you want to destroy your lip gums and teeth...

Go to a proper piercing place and they will be able to sell you the proper jewellery. Surgical steel and titanium are the two best metals for the job.

I bought one today-- but the edgit of an assistant put the wrong one in the bad, and I only noticed when I got home.

I have one with 2 balls on the end as opposed to the one I actually picked--- flat on one side and other side with a ball grrr

One ball is hittin off my teeth but luckiily Ill only be keepin it in untill tomoroow when I get the other one!!

grr

@Seanybiker--I have it done since December... I took the ring out 24 hours ago..

Misticles wrote: »

@Seanybiker--I have it done since December... I took the ring out 24 hours ago..

Oh right ooops. dont mind me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Misticles wrote: »
    I bought one today-- but the edgit of an assistant put the wrong one in the bad, and I only noticed when I got home.

I have one with 2 balls on the end as opposed to the one I actually picked--- flat on one side and other side with a ball grrr

One ball is hittin off my teeth but luckiily Ill only be keepin it in untill tomoroow when I get the other one!!

grr

I always wore nipple bars in mine. Found them 10000000000000000 times better than the stupid flat backs!

hhmm, I got the flat back ones.. The odd time Its hittin off my tooth though.
    The piercing was meant for a ring. The piercer said that If I want to wear studs in it, Itd have to placed differently.
    But now, I want to wear the studs cos the rings are just annoying me Grrr.

Can you get smaller ones so they dont hit my tooth or would plastic be better?

• Advertisement

you can get shorter ones yes

The one I have in is pretty short..
    If its hits off my tooth alot can it cause damage?

yeah can cause enamel erosion if it's hitting off your tooth or can cause gum erosion if hitting off your gums

it only hits off it when I smile....
    Otherwise it sits fine...

Is there anything I can put in that wont hit off my teeth/gums?

Can you get studs with a smaller circular flat thing on one side?? The one I have is biggish, if it were smaller, I mightnt have the hitting problem.

Not really no unless you get a shorter labret post

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭GirlOfGlass

The first time I put a ring in my lip piercing I got that lump, it used to go and come back, then after a while it got really bad so I had to take the piercing out and I couldn't even put a bar back in because it grew into a really weird shape. (I know, eeeeewwww)

My piercing has been out about 9 months or so and the lump is still there and it's really big, it's not sore or anything, but it's really odd looking, maybe I shoulda went to the doctors at the time or the piercer.

Anyway, my point is make sure that doesn't happen to yours. (:

Advertisement